Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Who Are You?

Hola world, how's it goin?

It's sunny and hot hot hot here (upper 20s). Thank you weather office, for predicting rain for today and the next 4 days (now predicting clear skies and high temps).

Awoke to the sound of big heavy hooves/feet on the roof this morning. Shot out of bed, thinking "that CAN'T be SANTA NOW, can it?". Nope. Roofers doing an estimate for someone, who decided to use my roof. Great way to start the day: with a heart attack! Freaked out The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe too.

Yesterday decided to make room in my closets by putting together a wardrobe downstairs. It's just a portable closet. In the basement, now that I have some room. The instructions said 'no tools needed'. BS! I needed/used a rubber mallet to get the @#$^% pieces to go together (yes I did follow the blinkin' instructions). It took 2 hours to get the flipping thing built but did manage it and now have some room (not a whole lot but enough to be able to take clothes out one by one. Unfortunately I'm not exaggerating).

Want to hear something odd/disgusting/interesting? Mr. B's admin assistant woke me up yesterday by phone, asking for my computer password so that the new computer could be installed. I protested, saying that they didn't need it. She insisted, and I was 3/4 asleep, so I gave it to her. Today called the computer guys. Yep I was right. Not only do they NOT need it, they are not ALLOWED to ask for it. So either the admin assistant was mistaken (the version I prefer) or else Mr. B wanted to peruse my files. There wasn't anything in them of interest anyway, but this would have been the second time he tried that. Changed the password today. Might be too late but...there is a principle (or lack thereof) involved here. She (the admin assistant) also asked if I had a copy of my appraisal (I did), and if that was the reason why I was in the office last Friday (it was--nothing else would have dragged me into that place at that time). She said that they'd lost the appraisal. I checked with Pauly, they did the same thing with him. M's view is that Mr. B is looking for an excuse to re-do the appraisals. Scary if true. Of course both of us had copies. M said that the appraisals were taken off of his desk while he was removing his personal stuff to his car.

Man this stuff is (a) sick and (b) making me ill. Doesn't anyone just work anymore? Sh*t. This isn't professional--it's small minded melodrama. I hope that one or the other of us has this all wrong. Honest folks, I mean that. And intend to act that way too. The h*ll with it, I don't have to participate in nonsense. I'm just doing my job/what I'm told. Period. Don't know what job offers are coming in or when..will just take it as it comes. Sigh. Who knows, it might be better without M and Mr. B fighting each other.

Bridg the optimist.

I'm very thankful for my buds, including you guys. You're my lifeline to sanity!

Pressure's on eh? heh heh heh (just kidding).

OK, have lots of errands to do. Play/Stay safe, all.

Don't you think that whoever invented air conditioning should be a saint? I sure do.

Later!

Bridg

3 Comments:

  • At 6/03/2005 03:40:00 PM, Blogger nutty said…

    Uh-oh, you're in trouble if WE'RE guiding you to sanity.

     
  • At 6/03/2005 05:33:00 PM, Blogger European said…

    Don't you just love roofers?!! I had my neighbor's roofers on my roof three times this winter - and always at 7 am on a Saturday. I think they only work early mornings on weekends.
    Eeeeeeeeeeevil.

     
  • At 6/03/2005 09:09:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Undies you're right, I am in trouble lol!

    European you are great. Yes I do!!

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home