Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

We're Here For A Good Time

Courtesy of: http://www.geocities.com/trooperlyrics/goodtme.htm

A very good friend of mine
Told me something the other day
I'd like to pass it in to you
Cause I believe what he said to be true
He said
We're here for a good time
Not a long time (not a long time)
So have a good time
The sun can't shine every day

And the sun is shinin'
In this rainy city
And the sun is shinin'
Oooooh,
isn't it a pity
And every year, has it's share of tears
And every now and then it's gotta rain

We're here for a good time
Not a long time
So have a good time
The sun can't shine every day

And the sun is shinin'
In this rainy city
And the sun is shinin'
Oooooh, isn't it a pity
That every year, has it's share of tears
Every now and then it's gotta rain

We're here for a good time
Not a long time
So have a good time
The sun can't shine every day

Isn't that a COOL song?? I gotta keep this one in mind!

Well world, hope the last two days have been good to you. I haven't been shot, beheaded, defamed (that I know about) or otherwise put down/abused.

I'd say I miss it but.....

Monday I was scared s*itless to go into work, but managed. The meeting with Mr. B went fine. I had done a lot of work fast (that is normal for me, honest) and he was OK with it.

That made me even more nervous. A day without explosions means that it's coming, just not today.

Monday night Jer and I grabbed dinner at a downtown deli. Had a good chat, went to see an interview/concert of two very talented folks. One was Steve Fearing and I'll be darned if I can remember the other name: Jenny Whitley? Could that be it? Well, they were great. The thing is that with the arthritis in my feet, I can't walk all that long. Plus having two inoperably clogged arteries (and eating cheese recently, I got fed up with the years of denial) don't help. So we wound up walking much more than I can/like to get to the place (and they made us go to the front door. More walking), and I was very hot. Waited in the lobby for half an hour and was very glad to see the hard plastic seats, really. The music and company were worth it.

Then I remembered my car.

Sitting at the corner in a not too great part of town.

But the car was fine after all (TY guardian angel).

And today went fine too. He was actually nice to me. Came looking for me at 12:15 or so, and fortunately I'd said no to a proposal to go out to lunch that day. MAN am I glad that I did. Not that you aren't allowed to go out, it just was better that I was in.

Sent my cv to more dear pals, who are trying to help, bless their hearts.

There have been two other times when I decided to change jobs suddenly. Once, I"d burned out after working 95 hour weeks for four years. Got a call at 2:00 in the afternoon after I'd made that decision offering me a job. Weird. The other time, I was in this job, with a very abusive female manager (used to stamp her feet, throw things, slam doors and yell. I was in charge of calming her down. Tedious), when a friend in another organization called me up to ask for my help in completing a study. At the time, she was in my office yelling about someone else. So off I went, did the study, came back when she'd gone.

This time is different. I"m older, the community's threatened, the manager I"m leaving can be emotional and unpredictable. Have absolutely no clue where I'll wind up. Wish I had a crystal ball.

But so far so good except for my feet. And NCIS is on tonight (oh joy oh bliss!). Promise to catch up on my blog reading asap but it might take me a few days, so please don't be offended.

Also got a call from my mother's case worker. They noticed her lapses in recent memory. Said that she's depressed according to their tests (totally agree--sees herself as 'fat' when she's gaunt, isn't eating, the whole nine yards). They asked how I was. After I quit laughing, and described my job situation, they sent me a caregiver stress test. Have no idea how it turned out but I"m not expecting an A+!! Talked to my bro about it, who is rational, calm and definitely great in terms of thinking and handling things. So there are a few of us on the case now, thank heavens.

Bro, when I told him about the phone call, said that I needed that like I needed a hole in the head. My answer: yes please and aim for the frontal lobes (recent memory and emotions)!!

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Well, the past two days have been OK. That's almost a trend. S has been through much worse and somehow manages to be cool, nice and collected (MAN he's great). M I have not talked to in a couple of days but I do check in on him. Marcus (another great pal) and I talked, he is one of the best too and is helping.

So hopefully someday soon I will find a way out of Hades/Alkatraz. But I will never, ever give up my buddies. You folks reading this, but also Pauly, Jery, S, Issy, M, Marcus, Peggy....and happy 21st birthday (again), Peggy!!

Love you all ((((((hugs)))))) Bridg

7 Comments:

  • At 6/21/2005 06:32:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    That's GREAT news!!

     
  • At 6/21/2005 06:35:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks tshsmom! That's two (days) down, three to go.....hope you are OK too?

    Bridg

     
  • At 6/22/2005 08:01:00 AM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Arthritis, you have my condolenses. Mrs. Zombieslayer has it. Sad thing is, I know of no way to get rid of it, just control it. Can you get rid of it?

     
  • At 6/22/2005 05:53:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hey ZS, no way to get rid of it--yet. The person who invents that will have their fortune made!

    The immune system attack kind I don't know much about (rheumatoid). The other one, osteoarthritis, I do know. I was told that it comes from old injuries (used to do aerobic dance in my youth to excess). I take glucosamine sulfate in huge doses to build/maintain the joints plus devil's claw to control the swelling/pain. This works OK. Have been operated on once abuot 14 years ago to remove the debris from the arthritis (in my big toe ouch).

    Hope this helps..Bridg

     
  • At 6/22/2005 05:54:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hey ZS, no way to get rid of it--yet. The person who invents that will have their fortune made!

    The immune system attack kind I don't know much about (rheumatoid). The other one, osteoarthritis, I do know. I was told that it comes from old injuries (used to do aerobic dance in my youth to excess). I take glucosamine sulfate in huge doses to build/maintain the joints plus devil's claw to control the swelling/pain. This works OK. Have been operated on once abuot 14 years ago to remove the debris from the arthritis (in my big toe ouch).

    Hope this helps..Bridg

     
  • At 6/22/2005 07:36:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I've got osteo in my wrists and knees. Definitely paying the price of being a tomboy when I was young. Glucosamine has helped a lot! I'll have to check out the devil's claw.

     
  • At 6/23/2005 06:11:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Good as glucosamine is, devil's claw doubles the impact. It's fantastic.

    Best of luck with it. I take the same dose of dc as glucosamine. I noticed that this is how the drug companies package it in the combined pills (which are as scarce as hen's teeth now).

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home