Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

This Is The Song That Never Ends.....

It just goes on and on my friends...yada yada yada!

Hola world how was your Thursday?

Mr. B was away/not in today. Made more calls, getting folks' help looking..and on it goes. Mom is doing OK, Bro was with her all day. Was still there at 5:00 when I called, helping her fix and do things. That is great news (it isn't just me anymore).

Calculated that I can't retire. They penalize you 5% a year for every year's experience you are short of 30. So since I have 24 years (actually 23/5), I get hit with a 30% penalty. And I'd be going prior to age 55 (53) so there's more penalty, I think. It wouldn't be so bad without my mortgage, which is a whopper. I pay $1100 a month.

So there it is, I just have to look. OK Universe, please send a good job here? Thanks.

Not much else to report on. Have lots of energy (well when I'm not sleeping my butt off) and my wonderful friends are my lifeline.

Would probably help if I got off my lazy duff and did the laundry and stuff. WEll, tomorrow's Friday, it can wait.

Hope you are all well, happy and safe.....Bridg (from the trenches)

5 Comments:

  • At 6/23/2005 07:20:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Don't feel bad about the early retirement. Hubby and I will NEVER be able to fully retire. We're just hoping that we'll be able to cut back to part-time work when we hit retirement age.
    Our combined Social Security, at age 62, is only going to be $1400/month. Who can live on that?

    BTW, you've been tagged on my blog!

     
  • At 6/23/2005 11:44:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    What would you do if you retire? I think I'd just travel and write.

     
  • At 6/24/2005 05:52:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hey tshsmom, thanks! You're right about working part time. I think I want to work at WalMart. I have a 'special' greeting in mind for some folks lol.

    Just kidding there...and HEY thanks for the tag!!

    Hi ZS. I may be the only person in the world who hates travelling. We moved 13 times in 16 years when I was 'growing up', and more after that. YUK. Even for my own pleasure, YUK. No thanks, I like staying put. Taking care of the house, reading, writing, pets and I"m not really kidding about working in a kennel. That would do me just fine....Bridg

     
  • At 6/24/2005 07:42:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Bridget - I perfectly understand. We moved around a lot because of my profession. It's driving Mrs. Zombieslayer nuts. She loves this small town we're in and now just wants to stay put, and just wants to read and write.

     
  • At 6/24/2005 10:00:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    ZS I understand moving because of your job, that was the case with my late dad. Thank heavens for Mrs. ZS! Honest, she's the only one I've heard of who shares the 'nesting'/'rooted' thing. God bless her (all of you)!!

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home