Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, June 27, 2005

Still The One (S. Twain)

Today for the first time in a long time, I woke up grinning because this song was playing. Here are the lyrics:


Still The One (courtesy of http://www.lyrics007.com/Shania%20Twain%20Lyrics/You're%20Still%20The%20One%20Lyrics.html)
Artist: Shania Twain Lyrics
Song: You're Still The One Lyrics
100% Legal MP3 Downloads
Click here to send Shania Twain polyphonic ringtone to your cell phone.
(When I first saw you, I saw love.
And the first time you touched me, I felt love.
And after all this time, you're still the one I love.)

Looks like we made it
Look how far we've come my baby
We mighta took the long way
We knew we'd get there someday

Bridge: They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong

Chorus: (You're still the one)
You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're the one I want for life
(You're still the one)
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night

Ain't nothin' better
We beat the odds together
I'm glad we didn't listen
Look at what we would be missin'

(Bridge)
(Chorus)
(Chorus)
I'm so glad we made it
Look how far we've come my baby

The weather continues to fry on. Over 40 with the humidity and I don't have the foggiest notion of what that is in farenheight. My thermostat's set at 71, and the a/c hasn't stopped once since I got home.

And this madwoman cooked! Two different chicken dishes (yes had to heat the oven) and spaghetti sauce. Well at least I won't have to cook for a while.

BTW speaking of food, I tried those mousse yogurt things. Have you? They are really dessert-ish but not very filling. Bought a tuna sandwitch after.

No bad things happened today. My shrink said that I'm doing fine, Pauly too bless his warm soul. Issy is distressed, I think by workload and lack of support. When she asks for guidance, I give it to her but it can be a daunting field that we're in at first. In a way she'd be safer leaving, the job is not what it was supposed to be at all. She wanted to work with me, and I"m kinda Persona Non Gratia now. She's very talented and if she looks around will find something quickly, which I will probably get blamed for. I haven't talked to her about this kind of stuff AT ALL but will get blamed anyway, that's how it goes.

Made a lot of phone calls re jobs. Have a few more to make, then wait/follow up. These are real stalwart folks here. Leaving is going to be like cutting off my foot/hand. But essential to do under the circumstances.

Mom made the mistake of going out for coffee with a friend, forgot to tell Meals On Wheels. They called the Seniors Resource Centre, who called me. I was on my way to the shrink's so I called my older (older of the 2 bros) to go check on Mom. He lives VERY close to her house. She came back while Bro was checking her house out. MAN have we got support systems down to a science! Good thing that they didn't go out for lunch lol. So Bro also took her cat to the vet (my cat's vet). He isn't eating, has lost weight and the vet that Mom had been taking him to couldn't figure out what's wrong. My vet (where I first set eyes on The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe as a very young kitten) is very experienced and smart. They'll fix him up.

So world, how goes it with you? Is it hot all over North America? I'm ready for an ice age! Or thunderstorm. Oh wait I take that back until after the meeting tomorrow, lol.

hugs world! Bridg

4 Comments:

  • At 6/28/2005 11:13:00 AM, Blogger kitkat said…

    It's about a thousand degrees down here in Florida, in Farenheit or Celsius. And, it's raining which = steam bath every day. Gross.

    Congrats on the chicken dishes. I'm going to take up cooking more often. Unfortunately, I don't like food very much, so it's kind of difficult to pick out dishes.

     
  • At 6/28/2005 05:11:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    It cooled off here, thank God, but the humidity is still 87%. Yuck!!
    Isn't AC a lifesaver? We wouldn't cook at all when it was hot, before we got AC. The heat coming off our food would make us naseous.

     
  • At 6/28/2005 05:54:00 PM, Blogger Leslie said…

    I so love that song!! I feel a video coming on... (IF I can find it - big IF)

     
  • At 6/28/2005 07:03:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Wow it sounds like everyone's got the heatwave.

    Kitkat you're better than I am putting up with that sauna. Have to be in the mood to cook. Was surprised to feel that way during the week.

    Tshsmom, yep. Don't know how we'd manage without a/c and don't want to find out.

    Red, wait till you see tonight's song!!

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home