Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Something Got Me Started

OK world, we're into Simply Red these days...and how goes it with you?

It's still sweltering here. First day without Pauly but survived it! Went to meeting that I thought would be boring this aft (the 2 hour kind). Actually it was cool. Saw folks I knew, some I didn't and hit it off with the new guys. And have at least one, possibly two, people looking to help me find a job. Did get to talk to S and another old friend this a.m. which is great.

This being a short week, it's hard to tell if people are in the office or not. Immediate reaction of yours truly is to panic (if I don't get immediate call backs), see everyone as thinking I"m nuts/incompetent/you name it--which is (I hope) the darkest perspective and untrue. Made more phone contacts, some very warm (e.g. 'you have a very impressive cv'). It helps. Got lots of phone calls from buddies, all encouraging. Bless your hearts!!

Finished a task for Mr. B, two days early. Friday is a statutory holiday here, literally it's three days early. No indication that he'd read it or even gave it a second thought. Looked like he was in a bad mood. Stayed clear (not that he was free anyway).

I'm leaving I'm leaving I'm leaving this is not my problem (repeat mantra 40000000 times till you believe it, Bridg).

One of the people helping me has a husband who's in stage 4 head and neck cancer. I feel so very sorry for her/them. Said a lot of prayers for them. She's truly a great person and although I never met him, he's gotta be pretty good stuff for her to have married him. Am keeping my fingers crossed for them all.

The vet got Mom's cat to eat. Still are working on figuring out what's going on. They're gonna do an ultrasound tomorrow.

Have not heard from M lately. He's probably working his *** off at home. He did mention the last time that we spoke that it's more work to repair neglect (which is what he's doing now) than to do the work in the first place. Don't I know that!? But his is a huge place. My whole house could fit into his garage, literally.

Hope it rains soon. Sure don't want to go out there and water anything. For one thing, the city folks would shoot me (water rationing). And in the second place, our mosquitos are the size of birds. Birds of prey, lol.

Did hear from Jery, who said that the game isn't over (don't despair) and something about third down? Not that i speak football/soccer/whatever! Marc called too. He was at home, is coming into work tomorrow and will call tomorrow to catch up. What a sweetheart!! I'm telling you, world, I have the nicest, best pals in the universe. It helps.

Wish any ONE of them was my boss, but that's another story. Here's another set of cool stuff from Peter (one of the greats, Peter is!):

The Humour of the FamousDinesh Vora..
[1] Sometimes, when I look at my children, I say to myself, "Lillian, youshould have remained a virgin." - Lillian Carter (mother of Jimmy Carter) .
[2] I had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was notpleased to read the description in the catalogue: "No good in a bed, but fine against a wall." - Eleanor Roosevelt .
[3] Last week, I stated this woman was the ugliest woman I had ever seen.I have since been visited by her sister, and now wish to withdraw that statement. - Mark Twain .
[4] The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a goodending; and to have the two as close together as possible. - George Burns .
[5] Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people only once a year. - Victor Borge .
[6] Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint. -Mark Twain .
[7] What would men be without women? Scarce, sir...mighty scarce. - MarkTwain.
[8] By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; ifyou get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates .
[9] I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury. - GrouchoMarx .
[10] My wife has a slight impediment in her speech. Every now and then she stops to breathe. - Jimmy Durante .
[11] The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness and kindness, can be trained to do most things. - Jilly Cooper .
[12] I have never hated a man enough to give his diamonds back. - Zsa ZsaGabor .
[13] Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. - Alex Levine .
[14] Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. - Mark Twain .
[15] My luck is so bad that if I bought a cemetery, people would stop dying. - Ed Furgol .
[16] Money can't buy you happiness... but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery. - Spike Milligan .
[17] What's the use of happiness? It can't buy you money. - Henny Youngman .
[18] I am opposed to millionaires .. but it would be dangerous to offer me the position. - Mark Twain .
[19] Until I was thirteen, I thought my name was shut up. - Joe Namath .
[20] Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life. -Herbert Henry Asquith .
[21] I don't feel old. I don't feel anything until noon. Then it's time for my nap. - Bob Hope .
[22] I never drink water because of the disgusting things that fish do in it. - WC. Fields .
[23] We could certainly slow the ageing process down if it had to work its way through Congress. - Will Rogers .
[24] Don't worry about avoiding temptation ... as you grow older, it will avoid you. - Winston Churchill .
[25] Maybe it's true that life begins at fifty.. but everything else startsto wear out, fall out, or spread out. - Phyllis Diller .
[26] The cardiologist's diet: If it tastes good spit it out. - Unknown .
[27] By the time a man is wise enough to watch his step, he's too old to go anywhere. - Billy Crystal.

Hoping you're keeping your cool, world....Bridg

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home