Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, June 24, 2005

Sittin' On The Dock Of The Bay

Ottis Redding (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay (courtesy of http://www.lyricsstyle.com/o/ottisredding/thedockofthebay.html)
Sittin' in the mornin sun
I'll be sittin when the evenin' come
Watchin the ships roll in
Then I watch 'em roll away again
Yea
I'm sittin on the dock of the bay
watchin the time roll away
Ooh
I'm just sittin on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
I left my home in Georgia
Headed for the Frisco Bay
Cause I had nothin to live for
And look Like nothin's gonna come my way
So I'm just goin to sit on the dock of the bay
Watchin the time roll away
Ooh
I'm sittin on the dock the dock of the bay wastin time
Look pop nothin's goin to change
everything still remains the same
I can't do what ten people tell me to do
So I guess I'll remain the same
Yes
Sittin' here restin my bones
And this loneliness won't leave me alone
Yes
2000 miles I roam
Just to make this dock my home
Now I'm jus' gon' sit at the dock of a bay
watchin the time roll away
Ooh
Sittin On the dock of the bay wastin' time
Whistle 23 seconds


BTW life's been a boring hell, a waiting game, sigh. Part of the bit of looking for a job. Guess this is one of those character building things because it sure ain't fun.

I'm very grateful for every second I don't see Mr. B, and panicked at even the thought that he might appear. As I said before, the fact that he hasn't yelled at me lately only means that it's overdue. Trust me on this one. The gang went out for lunch today, Issy's idea. The service was very slow, so slow that I became concerned that Mr. B would go looking for us, discover us gone and blame me for being the ringleader (this isn't paranoia BTW, there's reason to think this way). Wound up eating about half to a third of what was on my plate. On the plus side, got rid of 700 e mails today. Only 900 more to go. Unfortunately I am not kidding.

S, Pauly and Issy are the best. Even Lynda (LB) is feeling sorry for me and helping out.

No I'm not feeling sorry for myself, just taking the temp of the water by looking at the reactions of others.

Heard from M. He was tired, doing yard work as usual. Thanked me for the update on the goings on etc. Nice to hear from him but both of us are beginning to lose our edges/nerve/courage waiting. Guess we're just human after all, lol. What a change from months ago. The good news is that this can't last forever.

And I be tagged by tshsmom! Here goes.....

If I had to choose between books, movies or music; I could only have one of these for the rest of my life. . . . What would you choose?
MOVIES!! I need the escape.

Total # of books owned? Toughie. All of my bedroom shelves are full, there are 4 boxes in the basement, a full wall unit (top and bottom) and four bookshelves in the room I'm typing in. OK here's a rough guestimate: 576 upstairs not counting reports. I'm guessing over 1000 including the flipping wall unit.

Last book I bought? Thoughts and Feelings by MacKay, Davis and Fanning (how to control emotional reactions)

Last book I read? Thoughts and Feelings

5 books with special meaning to me?
Lost Horizon (I identify with the hero)
The Great Gatsby (love the imagery)
Simple Abundance (love the thoughts)
Pulling Your Own Strings (Wayne Dyer)
A Book of Angels (am very into angels. This was my first angel book)
others that don't fit the 5: anything by A. Christie, A. Moody and Self Esteem by Fanning and MacKay (made a huge diff in my life)

I Tag Raven and Zombieslayer!

Bridg

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home