Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Sidewalks of New York

This was one of my maternal grandmother's favourite songs. She grew up in the New York City of the 20s, teaching shop to the disabled (children).

Well, here I am waiting out yet another nosebleed. No I don't do drugs. Wonder what the heck is causing this? Anyway, went over to Raven's blog (see sidebar: Nothing In Particular) and saw a really cool list that she did called 103 Things I Dislike. In homage, thought I'd give it a try:

42 Things I Dislike

1. Mr. B and others who abuse power
2. Egotists, liars and head game players (male AND female)
3. When my house is messy (very rare except the basement)
4. Coming home to an unmade bed
5. Being late (no I'm not anal but I hate just standing around waiting for others and don't want to
do that to them)
6. People who are always seriously (30 minutes+) late
7. Extreme heat
8. Meaness (to kids, animals, waiters, anyone)
9. Stupid people (if you're born that way, OK; I guess I mean thoughtless people here)
10. Vacuuming (noisy, sweaty, ick)
11. Weeding the garden in hot weather
12. Bees or anything that sounds like them
13. People who can't drive standard transmissions and think they can (I get stuck behind these
geniuses constantly)
14. Slow drivers in the fast lane, who selfrighteously adhere to their 30 KM under the limit
speed
15. Endless stretches of no sun weather
16. Veggies of any kind, unless they're on pizza/in ceasar salad
17. Getting up in the a.m. to go to work (I'm a night person)
18. Being fat
19. People who judge, especially by looks or without sufficient info
20. That street people are not looked after properly (taken care of kindly)
21. How some treat the elderly, disabled, and otherwise disenfranchised
22. Getting politics instead of government
23. How the mentally ill are generally regarded and treated
24. Old country music
25. People who think that singles are selfish/have nothing to do/are less worthy than 'the
coupled'
26. Like Raven, not living near enough to the ocean
27. That my first sweetheart turned out not to be my true love, although I spent 34 years
thinking 'what if' (entirely my fault, he is who he is)
28. People who abuse their spouses and/or children
29. Angry people in general
30. Like Raven, losing my hair (developing bald patch in the front)
31. My body betraying me as I age (arthritis, weight, hormones, heart--you name it, it's falling
apart)
32. Not being in (romantic) love
33. Ben Mulroney (sorry son, you look WAY too much like your dad, and you've done nothing to
earn celebrity but be his kid)
34. American Idol, Canadian Idol, reality shows and commercials aimed at idiots
35. That I'm not a witch (see Practical Magic, that's what I want to be!)
36. That I have to work to survive. I love work, just not the exact place I am now
37. That I let myself be talked out of being a teacher
38. Cleaning the basement (ewwwww)
39. That Charmed isn't on TV anymore
40. Moving (13 times in 16 years is E-nough)
41. Not having all the ingredients I need when I'm cooking (arrgh).
42. Math

That's all I could think of for now. Cool idea, Raven!

Bridg
p.s. will think about things I like next....

4 Comments:

  • At 6/26/2005 08:43:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    It's amazing; our love and hate lists are almost identical.

     
  • At 6/26/2005 12:47:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    GMTA (great minds think alike), tshsmom. Do you believe in coincidence? I don't. I'm so grateful that I 'bumped' into you and Raven) in Blogland. WC, ZS, all you others also....((((hugs)))), Bridg

    p.s. Does that mean we've had similar life experiences?

    My Mom said that I'm gonna get whacked for putting math on that list, lol.

     
  • At 6/26/2005 01:20:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Math was one of the things we didn't have in common. I wouldn't put it on my "love list", but I have a mathematical mind and math always came easy to me. Word problems are like puzzles to me and I actually enjoy them. Weirdo!!
    I don't believe in coincidence either. Yes, I think we have had a lot of similar life experience; you're only 4 yrs older than I am.

     
  • At 6/26/2005 09:46:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Wow that IS close, tshsmom! I'm jealous of your mathability. Both of my parents taught math and majored in math ed.

    Only 4 years older? Jeez that makes me feel better. Looking around blogland, I feel ancient somedays, lol. And isn't it great running into people with similar experiences and stories? Have to admit I love the internet for this..takes the place of pilgrimages, I guess...

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home