Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Saturday Night In Toledo Ohio

Those John Denver fans among us may know of this song (courtesy of http://sniff.numachi.com/~rickheit/dtrad/pages/tiTOLEDO.html):
Saturday Night in Toledo, Ohio(Randy Sparks)

Saturday night in Toledo Ohio
Is like being nowhere at all
All through the day, how the hours rush by
You sit in the park, and you watch the grass die

Oh, but after the sunset, the dusk and the twilight
When shadows of night start to fall
They roll back the sidewalks precisely at ten
And the people who live there are not seen again.

Just two lonely truckers from Great Falls, Montana
And a salesman from places unknown
All huddle together in downtown Toledo
To spend their big night all alone

You ask how I know of Toledo, Ohio,
Well, I spent a week there, one day
They've got entertainment to dazzle your eyes
Go visit the bakery and watch the buns rise
Oh, but let's not forget that the folks of Toledo
Unselfishly gave us the scale
"No springs, honest weight."That's the promise they made
So smile and be thankful next time you get weighed
And live and let live
Let that be our motto
Let's let the sleeping dogs lie
And here's to the dogs of Toledo, Ohio
Ladies, we bid you goodbye.

Why am I thinking of this song? Heaven only knows.

Went to the md today, who wrote that I'm medically fit to go to work on June 13. So I guess I"m still on medical leave until then.

This is fun.

NOT.

Oh damn. Found out that the person cc'd on my 'get a note' e mail from Mr. B is in charge (among other things) of disciplinary action. So I guess I"m really in for it when I get back. He demanded the meeting be on (last) Friday.

Told the collection people about Mr. Idiot who's been paid at least twice in the month he claimed that I didn't pay him, and that I am getting the checks sent to me in 3 days, so I"ll have proof and HE will owe ME (on top of having to pay them). The collection people laughed and were thrilled. Turns out Mr. Idiot is now driving THEM nuts.

Then went to the bank, consolidated a lot of debts and got rid of a trouble some piece of plastic. An absolutely fabulous lady helped me. She found out:

1-that I have double paid my property taxes for a year; and
2-while switching banks, the property tax people ignored my notice of change of bank, decided that I was in arrears for taxes and were going to seize my house and I had no notice at all that this was going on (they'd tried to keep taking my taxes from a closed account).

Almost had several heart attacks today and now I'm well not very happy, let's put it that way. At least I have cash to pay for the blinking roof work that doesn't need to be done (condo command).

And the sun is out. It was thunderstorming this morning, which is cool, the temperature has cooled down and all is pretty and bearable temp-wise outside.

But another day like this will put me six feet under for sure.

Someone make it go away!

Oh well at least I'm not twins.

Bridg (hiding under the covers)

3 Comments:

  • At 6/08/2005 05:44:00 PM, Blogger Steph said…

    Oh, gosh...how many hiding under the covers moments have I had in the last year!
    The good news is you have some money coming in and that doesn't suck!

     
  • At 6/08/2005 08:18:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    ((( hugs )))

    just know that i'm thinking about you .....

     
  • At 6/08/2005 10:31:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thank you both so very much. Steph you are right, at least I don't owe them anything.

    Raven, thanks so much for the hugs and kind thoughts.

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home