Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Only Yesterday

Loved the Carpenters....

Hi world, hope your Sunday went well?

We had our family birthday party and it was fine! My little sister lost 40 pounds so far on Bernstein. Sacre vache! I'm going to check it out. She looks better than she has in years. Much silliness was engaged in, thank heavens. Had dinner at 1:00 at a local restaurant, then back to Mom's for the birthday cake etc.

We have this tradition in our family....I get smart a** cards called 'Bridg' cards. Also got Bro a nice card too. My sister did the same thing, and the nephews were worried that this would be the end of the Bridg card. I had to reassure them, lol. Mom was tired after, so was I, so I just went home. Was worried for most of the day about Monday, but that wore off. Also talked to M, who helped a lot.

He said that I give Mr. B too much power. Hmmmm same thing my shrink said. OK. I was worried that he would perceive that I"m spreading the word about what he and I discussed because of all the folks in my office on Friday. That was not the case, they were just worried about how I was feeling after my first week back plus social stuff.

I had thought of mentioning that as part of our meeting on Monday. M said not to, that if he wants to know, he'll ask or say someting. Otherwise to just do my work. That makes sense to me. I'm not in charge of how this guy feels or thinks. I do know that he will make the worst assumptions possible, but if I spend the rest of my time at this place anticipating his nasty thoughts and counteracting them, (a) he'll get used to me doing it and it will/could become a game, (b) de facto it makes me obsess about his mindset, which is not mine to deal with, and lastly (c) it takes my energy from my number 1 job, finding a new job.

Does all this make sense? I'm so sick and tired of worrying and defending myself for things I have not done.

OK here are the declarations: FORGET IT!!
DEAL WITH YOUR OWN CRAP!
and, quoting the Eagles: GET OVER IT!!


OK there we go. I finished my banana (thanks Adrian) and think I'm ready for Monday.

Wish me luck world, please. Sorry for the continued theme of these entries, they're bound to change someday....hugs to all, Bridg

8 Comments:

  • At 6/19/2005 11:13:00 PM, Blogger Leslie said…

    What's Bernstein?

     
  • At 6/20/2005 12:16:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    It's a very expensive diet regimine. As far as I know, costs start around $1500 to $2000. My sister says that they go after certain combinations of veggies (plus protein), but completely avoid root veggies (carrot, potatoes), and carbs are limited too. So for example, she eats cucumbers, celery, stuff with very high water content. They check urine 3 times a week (guess to make sure that you're on plan and are not in trouble) plus there are shots of some kind. Sis didn't mention the shots but her step-daughter did.

    I'm going to look into it more next week.

    Bridg

     
  • At 6/20/2005 01:52:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    I have heard both good and bad things about Bernstein. He also shoots you up with lots of vitamins, which may be difficult on the liver. They do check to see that you're in ketosis, but this can be dangerous because it means you're body is eating lean muscle tissue and not necessarily fat. This is very bad. The calorie intake also may be too low for some people who are more active. Check it out very carefully. I knew one woman who was very successful on it, and one who got very ill on it and was sick for a long time and couldn't go on a big trip she'd been planning for a while. I'm not sure the research is there right now, particularly for the vitamin shots. Also, when you're in ketosis, there is a tendency towards foul breath.

    They actually profiled Bernstein on Marketplace, the CBC show. There was a mixed review on that, too. The dietician interviewed said the calorie intake was far too low and you may go into conservation mode, which is not good. The show also mentioned that they "nurses" who take care of you when you go in each week brow-beat some of the clients if the clients weren't losing the weight.

    Due diligence - that's all I have to say. One person's experience may not be another's, and results will be different for each individual.

    Whatever you choose, good luck. And I hope your Monday goes well.

     
  • At 6/20/2005 04:23:00 PM, Blogger nutty said…

    40 lbs? Don't you just hate that?! That is, when they're losing weight and then you become the fat sister. Not that I'm saying you're fat, oh dear, I'll just get out of this now.

     
  • At 6/20/2005 04:27:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I agree with M. Don't offer any info that isn't requested.
    Take your own advice; let B stew in his own bile. Do your job to the best of your ability and work like crazy on finding that new job.
    I know it's hard, but try to leave your job at work. Make home your safe haven, away from all the BS.
    (((HUGS)))

     
  • At 6/20/2005 09:41:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    i hope your monday went okay sista girl.

    (( hugs ))

     
  • At 6/21/2005 03:51:00 AM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    I was going to comment on the diet, but WC beat me to it and said it better than I could have. Yes, be careful.

    A good diet is to stick to a Mediterranean diet. Notice that they eat plenty of carbs, yet are exceptionally healthy. We've stuck to that diet and have a pretty healthy BMI, despite eating (and loving every bite) almost 2500 calories a day.

    The important thing is to work up a good, healthy sweat at least several times a week. Will relieve stress too.

    The Atkins diet (not the same, but along the same lines) has killed a lot of good people, including Atkins himself. I'm very against the anti-carb diets.

     
  • At 6/21/2005 05:55:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Have I ever told you guys that I love ya all? I mean really!!

    Had second thoughts about Bernstein and decided that with all the chaos all around me, I"d be much better off walking and eating normally.

    These days I can't get much food in anyway. Stick to yogurt and a banana (thanks Adrian T!) for lunch and normal dinner.

    I've had anorexia two times. The first time, you're darn right WC about ketosis. I had breath that would kill anything. Having majored in biology (had to take flippin chem) I knew the 'taste' of ketones. But by then I was pretty far down the road mentally. It's kind of like road rage against your own body.

    Raven, tshsmom, Monday I was terrified to go in. And it went fine. But to me that only means that an explosion is even more likely to happen soon because it didn't then. What kind of logic is that? Well I guess it's experience in this case.

    Jer and I went out right after work. Had dinner, chatted, went to a concert/interview of two great musicians (blues-folky types). The only drawback was I walked about double what I can take, and it was so hot my scalp sweated (ick lovely picture, huh?). But the company was great, music fantastic, and I didn't get yelled at.

    Sent cv out to selected trusted folks, who will send it on.

    Today went OK too, but I was so afraid to go in I was nauseous. More in today's post...((((hugs)))) Bridg

    ZS I didn't forget you! OR Undies! I'm very keen on the Mediterrwhatever diet. I love carbs and don't want to give them up. Spaghetti I live on. So I'm forgetting B-man diets. Glad for sis but .....Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home