Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, June 10, 2005

Only The Lonely

Only the Lonely
The Motels
courtesy of http://www.afn.org/~afn30091/songs/m/motels-only.htm

We walked the loneliest mile
We smiled without any style
We kiss altogether wrong
No intention
We lied about each others drinks
We lived without each other thinkin'
What anyone would do
Without me and you

CHORUS:
It's like I told you
Only the lonely can play

So hold on here we go
Hold on to nothin' we know
I feel so lonely way up here
We mention the time we were together
So long ago,
well I don't remember
All I know is that it makes me feel good now

CHORUS

Yup you're right world, I watched that thing on one hit wonders and MAN I liked everything. Today (Saturday) it is beastly hot. You could literally fry an egg ANYWHERE outside yikes. I love a/c. Didn't wake up till noon, didn't get dressed till nearly 3:00 and then rushed through the chores (groceries, gassing up the car) like mad. Can't imagine how bad/hot it was earlier.

Miss Smokey's still fine (whew) but just in case her food made her sick, I threw the whole carton of cans out, bought two new ones and rushed home to the a/c before getting my own groceries. OK she's a little spoiled but worth every bit of it.

Lots of not so smart driving out there, could not wait to get back home. Guess the heat makes folks sluggish or detracts them from things like the traffic light having turned green 6 cars ago? Oh well, no one's perfect (but do they have to be in front of me?).

Did get lots of DVDs, mostly stuff I've seen and liked a lot, so that I can relax and forget about Monday, because that I am afraid of still a bit. Have had enough time to panic my head off and get past it, but every once in a while fear raises its ugly head. It's getting smaller tho.

Have a movie question or two for ya:
1-what's your fave movie of all time?
2-what did you think of Sideways?
3-what did you think of/do you plan to see Mr. and Mrs. Smith?

Just curious.

Took a quiz on someone site and was pegged as (a) a husky pup (I wanted to be a collie) and (b) Yoda.

Talk about identity crisis.

Anyhow, off to veg and cool off, hopefully get a little calmer.

Hope your world's cooler than mine, sunny and fair (i.e. easygoing).

Bridg

6 Comments:

  • At 6/11/2005 07:49:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    there is no way i could answer "Favorite Movie of All Time" ... just impossible for me.

    i couldn't even list a top 5, however:

    Jesus of Nazareth
    Mississippi Burning
    Braveheart
    The Green Mile
    Full Metal Jacket

    i haven't seen Sideways and don't plan to.

    i will see Mr. and Mrs. Smith but wait to see it on DVD.

     
  • At 6/12/2005 08:37:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is my all time fav. Love their smart-assed banter!
    Haven't seen sideways. We all definitely want to see Mr & Mrs Smith, but will wait for it to come out on DVD.
    Raven, I love your list, except for Full Metal Jacket. I would love to get Jesus of Nazareth on DVD. LOVE Zefferelli!

     
  • At 6/12/2005 12:56:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6/12/2005 12:57:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Bridget Jones said...
    Hi folks, thought it was unfair of me not to give an answer

    1-(just thought of it) Robin Hood. Yes the one with K. Costner in it
    2-hated Sideways. Too self-indulgent.
    3-loved it
    Bridg

     
  • At 6/13/2005 10:41:00 PM, Blogger Steph said…

    1. If I had to pick one, it would be the Shawshank Redemption.

    2. I actually loved Sideways because I saw it when my friends and I had a wine tasting centered around it.

    3. I do want to see Mr. & Mrs. Smith. The movie could be horrible, and I probably wouldn't notice with all of that sheer beauty on the screen!
    (But I also like the concept of the movie!) :)

     
  • At 6/13/2005 11:50:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Wow Steph you're as deep as Raven! I have some highbrow pals here...better tone up my tastes lol.

    I am glad that someone liked that Sideways thing. It got great reviews...maybe I wasn't in the mood or something.

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home