Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Lumberjack Redux

OK since ZS wanted the words, here we go, courtesy of http://arago4.tn.utwente.nl/stonedead/movies/hollywood-bowl/25-lumberjack-song.html:

[The husband from the previous Church Police sketch removes his outer clothing to reveal lumberjack's clothes.]
Lumberjack (Eric Idle):
I never wanted to be in such a shambolic sketch. I always wanted to be...a lumberjack! Leaping from tree to tree...as they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia! The larch...the redwood...the mighty sequoia...with my best girl by my side! The giant deadwood, the spruce...the little Californian root tree! We'd sing, sing, sing!
[He is joined by his Girl (Carol Cleveland) and a Mountie Choir.]

Lumberjack:
I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK,I sleep all night and I work all day.
Choir & Girl:
He's a lumberjack and he's OK,He sleeps all night and he works all day.
Lumberjack:
I cut down trees, I eat my lunch,I go to the lavatree. On Wednesdays I go shopping,and have buttered scones for tea.
Choir:
He cuts down trees, he eats his lunch,He goes to the lavatree.On Wednesdays he goes shopping,And has buttered scones for tea.
Lumberjack:
[In unison with Choir]I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK,I sleep all night and I work all day.
Choir:
[In unison with Lumberjack]He's a lumberjack and he's OK,He sleeps all night and he works all day.
Lumberjack:
I cut down trees, I skip and jump,I like to press wild flowers.I put on women's clothing,And hang around in bars.
Choir:
He cuts down trees, he skips and jumps,He likes to press wild flowers. He puts on women's clothing,And hangs around in bars?
Lumberjack:
[In unison with Choir]I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK,I sleep all night and I work all day.
Choir & Girl:
[In unison with Lumberjack]He's a lumberjack and he's OK,He sleeps all night and he works all day.
Lumberjack:
I cut down trees, I wear high heels,Suspenders and a bra. I wish I'd been a girlie,Just like my dear papa.
Choir:
He cuts down trees, he wears high heels,Suspenders and a bra?
Mountie (John Cleese):
What kind of goddam pervert are you, you lousy commie fairy faggot...?!
All except Girl:
I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK,I sleep all night and I work all day. I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK!

The difference is in Papa vs Mama (as far as I could find out)....Bridg

8 Comments:

  • At 6/04/2005 02:44:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    My favorite Monty Python movie was Holy Grail.
    Did you ever see John Cleese in his Fawlty Towers series? It was a scream!

     
  • At 6/04/2005 05:53:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Fawlty Towers is the best Britcom past, present, & future! And The Holy Grail is my favourite Monty Python movie, too.

    Bridget: Disneyland-on-Rideau...hmm...I used to live on the Rideau, too, until nearly 3 weeks ago... The place where you go to visit your money in this country, as a matter of fact.

    Thought I'd stop by to say hi.

     
  • At 6/04/2005 06:25:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Tshsmom, I loved Fawlty Towers too (he's from Barcelona)...

    WC: So you're an Ottawa lad?

    Bridg

     
  • At 6/04/2005 09:58:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Thanks Bridget. But I still think that there were two versions of this song. That was version 2. The first one is him coming out of the parrot shop, where some guy was harassing him about selling him a dead parrot. Then suddenly, he says something along the lines of that he never wanted to work in a pet shop, he wanted to be a lumberjack. And he opens up the door and suddenly he goes from being in the city to being in the great outdoors.

    Am I going senile? Were there 2 versions to the Lumberjack?

     
  • At 6/05/2005 11:42:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    You mean Barthelona? LOL
    My family is always accusing me of being Sybil on the phone, cuz I say "I know" a lot.
    My husband bought me the Fawlty Towers set on VHS about 15 yrs ago. My daughter made me copy them for her, before she moved to Edmonton. So I guess we're all just a half a bubble off of plumb!

     
  • At 6/05/2005 01:45:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    No ZS you are not crazy. The diff was 'papa' vs 'mama' towards the end.

    Tshsmom you're right, got the town wrong. Penalty for me = a G&T!

    darn (heh heh heh)!

    Bridg

     
  • At 6/05/2005 02:10:00 PM, Blogger BlondGirl said…

    Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

     
  • At 6/05/2005 02:18:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    ROFL screaming with laughter Crystal THAT was PRICELESS!

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home