Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Like The Desert Misses Rain

OK, here is a list of things I like for those of you interested (hey why not do one of your own)?

65 Things I Like

1. My family, especially my Mom. I adore all of them except S SIL, and her I feel very sorry for.
2. My friends. Too many to list them all, but here's a partial list: Pauly, Jery, S, Issy, LC, Pierre
R, M, Marc, Peggy, Roo, Lui, Vic, Anna, Monique D, Chet, Eric S and A, Crystal, Doris, Fred P,
Ian, Joe, John RL, Mark A, Blue, COB, Rob J, Peter T and M, Ray, Rita, Sir John, Don S, Tim
E, Zel, Raven, Undies, Tshsmom, Zombieslayer, Kris, kimmyk, Red, Wandering Coyote, my
aunt and uncle--the nicest, smartest folks on earth
3. Doggies, especially puppies, and their owners
4. Cats, birds, almost any animal. Especially big furry ones.
5. People who like animals, esp. dogs
6. Air conditioning
7. Living close to my family
8. Music, esp from 70s and 80s.
9. Movies (action, comedy, nothing serious minded)
10. Books!There are 496 in this room alone
11. Gardening (when it isn't hot)
12. Flowers in my garden from plants that Smokey and I put in the ground years ago
13. Pjs in any season (flannel in winter, silky/satiny in summer)
14. Lazy weekend mornings spent sipping coffee, reading the newspaper with The Most
Spoiled Cat In The Universe next to me, purring
15. The sound of my cat purring
16. Sunny days in any season
17. People who care. About other people, animals, it doesn't matter--these guys have heart
18. People with a sense of humor, the drier the better
19. Waking up on weekend mornings, rolling back to sleep
20. Meds that help (allergies, arthritis....)
21. Mohitos
22. Natcho cheese doritos (my downfall)
23. Pizza
24. Cheeseburgers
25. Not cooking (going out to eat)
26. Spaghetti
27. Reading
28. Helpful folks, especially in hardware stores
29. Having a decent income (well, for now anyway)
30. Going barefoot
31. Aromatherapy
32. Spiritualism (auras, psychics, angels, you name it I'm there)
33. Prayer
34. Being able to understand another language most of the time (French)
35. Art (all kinds)
36. Robert Bateman art
37. The Lost Marble (a really cool store here that specializes in stuff for kids or big kids)
38. Hope and those who provide it
39. Kind people (did I mention that already?)--kindness in general
40. Support at work (being allowed to be creative, bold, myself in a safe environment. M
provided that, I miss it like the desert misses rain)
41. Reading fairy tales as an 'adult'
42. Helping people (was my job when I was allowed to do it)
43. Writing
44. Spring, summer and fall
45. Cooking
46. Sleeping
47. Angels and anything to do with them
48. Stone/Gemstone jewelery
49. Silver
50. Indian (First Nations) culture
51. Humour of any kind but slapstick
52. Being a smart alek and being appreciated for it
53. Ferns, rhododendrons and herbs esp. basil
54. Peace and peace of mind
55. Quiet
56. Water, especially the ocean.
57. Wood, especially oak. It 'speaks' to me.
58. That my hair is white. Will let it go that way soon.
59. Low, deep, rumbly male voices
60. Rough looking hands
61. Tweeds and jeans (my Mom's doctor wears this combo. She is over 75 years old, smart and
COOL!)
62. Decent clothes in my size (ones that don't make me look like an idiot)
63. Flat shoes
64. Taking pictures
65. Beaches

That's it for today....Bridg

9 Comments:

  • At 6/25/2005 06:58:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    great list Brig!!

    i love animals too .. cats, dogs, squirrels ... anything furry and cuddly!!!

     
  • At 6/25/2005 08:17:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Yay Raven! The bigger and furrier the dog the more I like it...and other animals too. I bet we're related somehow....(sis) Bridg

     
  • At 6/26/2005 08:41:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    You'd really love our yard. We have squirrels, chipmunks, flying squirrels, rabbits, skunks, deer, and the occasional bear. We also feed TONS of birds. You would have to get permission to trespass from our kamikaze hummingbirds. After all, they do OWN our yard!

     
  • At 6/26/2005 12:43:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Isn't it amazing how alike the 3 of us are?

    This is the coolest thing..and tshsmom, that sounds like the yard for me (Raven too)!!

    Bridg

     
  • At 6/26/2005 03:41:00 PM, Blogger TaiChimp said…

    My list would pretty well match yours, with only two real exceptions: I'm too allergic to cats to get along with them, and I am so grateful to live where I can wash my hands with warm water in the winter.

     
  • At 6/26/2005 09:42:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hi TaiChimp! I was allergic to cats too so I sympathize. Not sure I understand about warm water in winter though?

    Bridg

     
  • At 6/27/2005 05:12:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    You and I have a lot in common. I love silver, First Nations (no, I'm not myself, but I've always been sympathetic to them and feel we have a lot to learn from them still), dogs, food, 80s music, water, beaches, pictures, books, writing, gardening (although I always kill my raspberries for some reason I can't figure out), cooking, and humor. I love massages too, not sure if you forgot that one. ;)

     
  • At 6/27/2005 05:28:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Zombie, that's REALLY bad. How do you possibly manage to kill a raspberry bush? Please tell me, because we've been trying to get rid of the damned things for 18 years!

     
  • At 6/27/2005 09:43:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Heh heh heh ZS! I have an abundance of massage oils and aromatherapy essences in an effort to deal with stress. Have never had a massage, have just been working on scent. Just have a strong affininty for First Nations. There are a bunch of stores here run by FNs and they all know me. Very cool guys.

    Just finished cooking up a storm (don't know what energy got into me, must have channeled some of ZS' lol). I'm on these yahoo groups that trade recipes and got some truly great stuff if you love chicken, which I do.

    tshsmom and ZS, I have no idea of how to deal with rasberries. They used to grow wild in Massasschusettes (we lived there too) and that's all I know about them.

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home