Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, June 10, 2005

It's a New Day and I'm Feelin' Fey

OK only the first part of that was a song title, the version by Bryan Adams (YUM).

Things went so well today I'm wondering when the roof is going to fall in.

No kidding.

First, my cute neighbor two doors down found a well established roofer, BBB member, who will do the roof for $2800. He had heard that I was at home on leave, felt sorry for me, and offered to take care of getting the guy in to do the estimates (also noting that having a guy make the arrangements avoids the 'female tax'. You know, the added $s that get tacked on to a lot of things because the folks involved--not all of them but some--figure that women are idiots? Yah that one).

OK so that's the roof taken care of, and by cash no less, thanks to the bank catching the double property tax deductions.

Finally caught up with my union rep this afternoon, who checked into whether or not I need to be worried/paranoid about my first day back at work, and he asked the person copied on the 'get a note' e mail (the discipline/harassment/whatever lady). Answer was no. Not sure I"m buying that one, but the two folks involved in the discussion were very frank with each other. So far so good.

Also photocopied the check that the parking lot man cashed in February and gave the whole mess to the collection folks. Now THEY can deal with him and I'm out of the whole mess, and I got a receipt so that he can't bother me again. Hopefully.

Then caught Mr. and Mrs. Smith. KEWL movie! Lots of action; Angelina Jolie is fantastic. Brad Pitt is good for him (I wasn't fussy about Troy). If you have a hearing problem, this movie will make it worse. I'd give it 8 potatoes out of 10. But if you're into deep meaningful social comment, well don't bother reading this blog (lol) or going to this movie!

All today we've been building up to a storm. It rained during the movie, and now the sun's shining brightly and the sky's clearing.

The Most Spoiled Cat In The World was sick (the Imodium kind of sick) this a.m. but appears to be better now.

The woman who was going to offer me a job will probably get a promotion to another place. Think I mentioned this yesterday. She said she'd offer me something there if I'd like to go, which is very kind of her. It could also open up a place for M. And me. Either way is OK with me, depends on how unbearable things are on Monday+.

Given how tulmultuous things have been lately, do you blame me for looking over my shoulder a bit?

Still, it is all good. Thank you God, thank you friends. For however long it lasts, this chance to catch my breath is great.

gratefully, Bridg

4 Comments:

  • At 6/11/2005 03:07:00 AM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    I used to give women crap about the female tax until I saw it first hand. I had some work done on my car. Yes, I can fix cars myself but I hate doing it so much I'd rather pay someone else to do it. Anyways, we discussed it, set a price, and he did a fine job.

    A year later, I sent my cousin (a woman) to him. He tried to rip her off big time, but she knew better and went to someone else. I felt bad for sending her to him. From then on, I didn't doubt the existence of a female tax.

     
  • At 6/11/2005 07:10:00 AM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    trying to catch up.

    so when are you going back?

    i think you should just leave if you have another job opportunity. why waste one more minute worrying or being harassed?

     
  • At 6/11/2005 10:55:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    WHY do they say your roof need redoing?

     
  • At 6/11/2005 02:12:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    I was the same as you, ZS, until I got separated. Wow what a wake up that was lol. Now we get one of my bros to make calls to get estimates for my mother, etc. Really dumb way to run an airline (to quote the 60's ad)--but there's a bright side. I've run into some very honest repair/work folks, who were upfront and honest. Those guys get my business and my positive advertising for life.


    Hey Raven, I'm going back on Monday. Allegedly I don't have to worry about but.....do leopards change spots? Yes will jump ship the minute I get the chance. With all the jobs that M is under consideration for, I (hopefully) give it 3 months at the outside. Here's hoping.

    Tshsmom, I'm in a condo of townhouses. The buildings were built in 1986, which is a while ago. One house in 47 had a leak, so all of us were told by the condo commandos to have our rooves redone. Sigh.

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home