Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, June 03, 2005

I'm A Lumberjack And I'm OK

Hi world, how goes it?

You may have noticed some idiotic comments on this blog, now safely deleted, making derogatory comments about (my) Irish heritage, datability, and age, and theorizing incorrectly about my sexual orientation. This was caused by my stand on use of the term 'wobblies' applied to female anatomy (well, literally not exclusively female). You may also note that they aren't displayed anymore either.

And now for something completely different.

Turns out that I don't have to go to work next week after all.

I'd literally been ill all day today thinking about it. Then saw an e mail saying that Mr. B would be off for a week--that took the pressure off for a bit. And hours later, another missive directed only to me appeared, saying that, out of concern for my well being, and noting that I had disobeyed my doctor's orders by coming into work (note: it was for an hour, to get an appraisal from my boss on his last day at work, but never mind that) and that he is now my direct supervisor, I was to get my doctor's certification that I am fit to return to work, AND once that was obtained, that I was to work at home until he returns. The people I showed it to noted anger in every sentence. I would publish it here but can't because it would identify The Place Where Brains And Hope Die conclusively, and THAT would really blow the lid off of the popcorn popper.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a club that certain members of the population could join, where they could take their anger, frustration, hostility and general naughtiness out on inanimate objects? I have two in mind here, obviously.

Preferably located on a remote island, surrounded by person-consuming forever-hungry fish.

Other suggestions?

Bridg

9 Comments:

  • At 6/03/2005 10:25:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    what the hell? someone tried to talk shit to you on your blog?

    BASTAGES!!

    lemme at em.

    just a bunch of LAAAHOOOOO SSSAAAAA HHHEEERRSSS (losers)

     
  • At 6/03/2005 10:40:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks Raven you da best!!!

    Hey I LOVED Johnny Dangerously. Hilarious movie....

    hugs from your bud, Bridg

     
  • At 6/03/2005 10:47:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Answer to you post title: I dress in women's clothing and I hang around in bars.

     
  • At 6/04/2005 03:16:00 AM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Tshsmom - ha ha, you beat me to it.
    All right, question for you both, was he working in a parrot shop right before he became a lumberjack? If I remember correctly, there were like two versions of the Lumberjack, one when he came out of a pet shop and another.

     
  • At 6/04/2005 02:48:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I think the same guy is trying to get at you over on Zombie's site now. What a putz!!
    Zombie, I think they did this song on Flying Circus too. That's where you remember the parrot shop part.

     
  • At 6/04/2005 06:56:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Tshsmom you are right, it's the same putz.

    I am wondering about his own wobblies, gender, and number of digits in alleged IQ, but then, why bother....Bridg

     
  • At 6/04/2005 10:01:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Tshsmom - Okay, phew. I guess I'm not going senile. Thanks.

    Bridget - cool, you can disregard my reply on the other topic than. Thanks for posting the lyrics.

     
  • At 6/05/2005 11:30:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    ZS, you are too going senile! You forgot where you left your question. Glad to see I'm not the only one with this malady. LOL

     
  • At 6/05/2005 11:35:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    BTW Bridg, your gutlessly anonymous troll does seem to be a few sandwiches short of a picnic!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home