Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, June 06, 2005

I Like It Like That!

Hola world! I have a new hero--Laura Croft. Have not watched many movies with A. Jolie in them but they're playing on the movie channel now. Boy would I like to be in that position! Buff, good in 'combat' and rich. And smart. Does it get any better? Well, only one thing maybe. That G from T would engage in mortal combat with Mr. B. No pref at all re who'd walk away from that one, if anyone.

Still hot, sticky and mosquito-y here. Put up a sprinkler in the front yard--much appreciated by birdies. Didn't go out to dinner with mom, was too hot and wet from the stupid sprinkler. The rhodos/azaleas are loving it. I have two purple, one pink and a red in various stages of bloom. Blue geranimums too. Isn't this a great time of year?

Have decided to go get shrink's written ok to go back to work, then will do the stuff I was told to do until he comes in. That's when I get to get lectured, yelled at, and otherwise verbally abused for a while. Then the response will be that I've been in the job a long time, am seeking to leave and would appreciate his support (not help) in doing that, and in the meantime will do whatever he needs me to do.

Hopefully that will make him happy, and it's true too.

So tomorrow is not my first day back to work, it is my first day to home work. So to speak. I have dozens of ideas re what he asked me to do, so it won't be hard. Maybe my hardtbutt shrink will get a better idea of what I"m dealing with and give me more time off (esp once she has to sign her name to it). I don't want to crack up again, and the only other thing he could be afraid of is a heart attack.

Hmmmm. Now THAT would be handy.

Oh well. Time to sleep. Did anyone else besides me watch Spiderman? That was my first time seeing it. NOt as bad as I thought it would be.

Bridg

7 Comments:

  • At 6/06/2005 01:48:00 AM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    I liked Spiderman. Thought the sequel was forgettable though.

     
  • At 6/06/2005 05:52:00 AM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    i like Angelina Jolie ..she's an amazing actress. haven't you seen Girl, Interrupted? Bone Collector? Twisted?

    also i hadn't seen Spiderman until a month or so ago. i had firmly resisted because i thought it was stupid. i, too, felt that it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be .. the sequel was 'okay' but could they have made Kristen Dunst any uglier??

    good luck today .... i'll be thinking about you.

     
  • At 6/06/2005 11:04:00 AM, Blogger Leslie said…

    Sorry I haven't got round to it; you will be added to my list of "Kick-Ass Blogs" sometime today.

     
  • At 6/06/2005 12:05:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    ZS I liked the sequel but come to think of it, can't remember a thing about it except the 'stopping-the-train' sequence, so you're right, it's forgettable!

    Raven, no never saw any of those movies..and yah they sure made KD look like dirt. Wonder why?

    Red--Thank you!!

    Bridg

     
  • At 6/06/2005 07:31:00 PM, Blogger Pink Lemonade Diva said…

    Found you via a blog visit to Florida where I saw your grammar comments and I knew I wouldn't be disappointed in your own blogservations.

    Nice site!

     
  • At 6/06/2005 07:43:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thank you, PLD! Welcome and hope to see you again!!!

    Bridg

     
  • At 6/06/2005 10:11:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    My husband and son are total fans of the games. Naturally we had to go to the movies.
    I was pleasantly surprised. Lara dressed appropriately for the weather and wasn't able to carry 500 lbs of equipment on her person.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home