Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

I Gotta Try

By michael mcdonald & kenny loggins (courtsey of http://www.lyricsfreak.com/m/michael-mcdonald/92967.html)
Maybe it’s true what they say about it
Maybe we can’t make the ends meet
Maybe we’ll all have to do without it
Maybe this world’s just incomplete

Still we all look for the truth in our lives
Searching from different sides
So hard living in a desperate world
But we all do the best that we can

Chorus 1:
Some people see a change
Some will remain the same
But all of them live their lives under the gun
Some see the road as clear
Some say the end is here
They say it’s a hopeless fight,
well I say I gotta try

Maybe there’s too much to think about it
Maybe there ain’t nothin’ left to say
But if our time’s really runnin’ out
Then this is no time to run away’
cause we’re destined to look for the truth in this life
Blinded by tearful eyes
If it’s no use tryin’ in a desperate world
Then tell me why was I born

Chorus 2:
Some people see a change
Some will remain the same
But all of them live their lives under the gun
Some see the road as clear
Some say the end is here
They say it’s a hopeless fight,
but I say I gotta try

Lonely-living too lonely
Is it too late
To turn it all around

Chorus 2:
Someone’s tryin’
Someone’s cryin’ out
While we live under the gun
Someone’s livin’
Someone’s givin’ up

Cool song, huh?

Am trying to put a more positive spin on Monday like my pal Jery did: Another week, wonder what it will bring? What opportunities? Challenges? Open doors? Wisdom? New friends and contacts? New learning (and MAN I have a THICK skull sometimes)? Like looking farther than the end of my own nose? Honest, I'm trying guys. Getting to know friends better?

Learning to stand on my own size 10's better?

It's hard to know when to lean and when to stop. Guess that's part of the lesson. My ex used to say that I didn't need him. Then he said I needed too much. Finding that middle.....

Mom and I had a really good day yesterday. Even had dinner. We didn't go out today, I wound up falling asleep while watching one of those TV movies and woke up at 6:30. Am getting back to a routine around here about dusting, changing The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe's litter, recycling, laundry, groceries, cooking. Didn't get to the cooking yet (too busy napping silly me) but will tomorrow. I love cooking, it just takes energy. Sometimes it's there, sometimes not. But did get all the ingredients needed. Bro helping with Mom is making her happier. I know she adores the big guy in her heart. She's missed him these past few years (he's been very busy).

Are any of you on some of the healthy cooking Yahoo groups? I am, e.g. good4theheart, and they have some super recipes. Really WOW type food. Have been trying them out--one was chicken cooked in applecider with mushrooms. Sounds funny but tasted great. Whoever is creating this stuff (I'm a big chicken fan) THANK YOU!! The recipes I'm out to try now have a lot of marinating in lemon and herbs, so I bought a dozen lemons and the same amount of limes.

Little Bro called Mom today. It's really sad being in a hard marriage, especially when kids are involved. It sounds like his daughter has been turned against Bro by his wife and MIW. There really isn't much point to that marriage, I worry about his continued health living there. He has a son, same mother, who needs protection from the mother and MIW, but there's no reason why he can't separate and take his son with him. God help them all, I mean that most seriously.

It has been swelteringly hot here for the last 5 days or so. We had one fierce thunderstorm yesterday but it was a sauna out there today too. Hope things are cooler on Monday. This seems pretty hot for June...but these days do you ever know?

Anyway, off to sleep soon. Take care, world and friends....I'm thinking about you.

Bridg

5 Comments:

  • At 6/27/2005 03:41:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I gotta find this song. I LOVE Kenny Loggins and Michael McDonald!
    How was your Monday?
    I'm beat. We had minor thunderstorms last night and Z paced the floor all night and kept me awake.

     
  • At 6/27/2005 04:30:00 PM, Blogger nutty said…

    I love thunderstorms! But I'm glad I don't have the heat.

     
  • At 6/27/2005 05:07:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Kenny Loggins actually is a cool guy. My cousin has met him in several occasions (she lives in Santa Barbara) because she used to head the funding for several non-profit organizations. He and his wife are very active in their community, and surprisingly approachable. Or so says my cousin. I've never met him.

     
  • At 6/27/2005 08:14:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    you know .. i slept on and off yesterday too ... fell asleep at 12:00 noon and woke up at 5:00pm .. went back to bed at 9:30 and slept until about 4:00 a.m. (although woke up a few times)

    been hotter than a pistol here too .... i HATE this weather ... UGH!!

    hope your monday went okay girl (( hugs ))

     
  • At 6/27/2005 09:39:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    tshsmom, we share a weakness for KL and MM. I play them on the way to work to get my energy levels up. Monday here was hotter than a witch's oven. Over 40 with the humidity (close to 100 I think). For some reason I'm full of energy. Came home and baked chicken. 14 dinners' worth.

    couldn't sleep until 2 or 3, woke up at 5:30. Heat sucks. I love a/c but it can't get rid of all the heat...

    Undies, you are SOO lucky to be missing this heat nonsense....

    Hey ZS, you've got family connections in the big times! I really like KL and his energy.

    Raven totally agree re hot weather. Sucks major times. HOpe your monday was OK? Sending (((((hugs))))) right back atcha. Didn't see Mr. B all day but we have a meeting with him tomorrow. It's only an hour....they say.....last one went OK.

    My shrink thinks I'm doing fine. HA!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home