Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, June 06, 2005

Hold On Tight To Your Dream

Was over on Undies' blog and what she said there reminded me of this song and now I can't get it out of my mind--not that the lyrics had much company in the old brain box: Do you remember this one (courtesy of http://www.lyricsdepot.com/elect...on-tight.html):


Hold on tight to your dream
Yaaaaah
Hold on tight to your dream
When you see your ship go sailing
When you feel your heart is breaking
Hold tiiiiiiiiight to your dream.

It's a long time to be gone
Time just rolls on and on
When you need a shoulder to cry on
When you get so sick of tryin'
Justa hold on tiiiiiight to your dream

CHORUS:
When you get so down that you can't get up
And you want so much but you're all out of luck
When you're so downhearted and misunderstood
Just over & over & over you goooooooo


Accroches-toi a ton reve
Accroches-toi a ton reve
Quand tu vois ton bateau partir
Quand tu sents -- ton coeur se briser
Accroches-toi a ton reve.

[REPEAT CHORUS]


Hold on tight to your dream
MMM yaaaahhhh
Hold on tight to your dream, yea
When you see the shadows falling
When you hear that cold wind calling
justa Hold on tight to your dream.
Oh, yeah
Hold on tight to your dream
Yeah, hold on tiiiiiiiiiiight...To your dream!

Love that song. Captures something of a mood or two, huh? ELO was a truly fine group IMHO not that it counts for much.

Today was HOT. As in 30s hot with no rain in sight (well the 6:00 weatherlies predicted rain but I sure don't see it and the A/C has not shut off all day or night). So I did the predictable--slept.

Or rather, I tried to.

The union lady to whom I had provided Mr. B's note called me at 8:30, told me to feed my cat (Miss Spoiled, who would not be quiet during the conversation). The Union lady was very reassuring, explained why the labor negotiator/arbitrator was involved, and generally reassured me. Gave me guidance on how to handle the initial shout-fest, which is guaranteed to develop but not by me. Same advice that I got from my now retired ex manager bro. So this is helpful/reassuring. The union guys will be there if I ask them to be. Think I'll hold off until I find out how many bodies will be in the room, if any, besides Mr. B and me if/when I return.

Called my doctor and advised her that now I need written permission to go back to work. Instead of just writing it, she wants to see me, not tomorrow (which would have been my first day back to work even though from home) but the day after, June 8. So fine, tomorrow I"m on uncertified sick leave and I sent in an e mail advising the acting DG (boss) and copying the real boss, and the labor person of this status. I can't send forms electronically since the name now listed is our ex boss (one ex boss ago, BG), and I think that this may be a dead account. Or maybe he's back, who knows. So off for another day.

Is this stressful? I think Mr. B intended it to be but with the help of you guys and the union guys plus my bro (and Pauly my rock and Jer standing by--no S I didn't forget you, you are in the rock part too), it isn't as bad as it would usually be.

Just wondering why I have to go to yet another medical appointment. Oh well. Will bring along the note to show her. All but Pauly see it as a very angry piece of work. Do I want to go back? Yah, as much as I'd like my spinal chord to be ripped out. Come to think of it, he might like that. Nix that remark. I am only going back because she is making me go back to deal with a sabretooth tiger.

So not a heck of a lot got done today. Way too hot. Didn't even water the back but will do that tomorrow. The union lady consulted with the shop guy to let him know he'd be standby. He read the note and said that I HAD to come into work because my boss asked me to, and he also said that I'm entitled to an hour's leave to make up for the appraisal meeting (oh yah, that would go over just peachy but it great to know).

Kinda wish I had a spare gladiator costume around here.

But it's good to know that I"m not crazy, that there are folks on my side, I'm not alone. Sometimes it feels that way. But not today. And thanks to all of you, including union man and lady, Pauly, Bro, Jer and others, that add up to that feeling. YOU are friends.

hugs, Bridg

4 Comments:

  • At 6/06/2005 11:33:00 PM, Blogger Avery's mom said…

    I dont think I recognized the song but i did enjoy the lyrics

    "when you get so sick of trying
    hold on tight to your dreams"

    so many time's I have felt this way, That's things are too out of my hands and I should quit, but something always keeps me going, guess it's dreams of better times, and my spirit know not to give in to dispair.

    Thanks for spreading the goodness

     
  • At 6/07/2005 03:58:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Glad I could help, Robyn!!

    Bridg

     
  • At 6/07/2005 04:44:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Evil Woman is MY fav ELO song.

    As for your work situation; keep your cool. It's OK to be nervous and pissed off inside, just don't let THEM see it. Be totally cool and professional on the outside.
    This attitude has seen me through a lot of school meetings(with the inbred idiots LOL).

     
  • At 6/10/2005 11:10:00 AM, Blogger En said…

    I think the song "Soar" by Christina Aguilera was inspiring too. It made me reflect a lot on my past as a sports person. :)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home