Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Angels and Blessings In Disguise

OK so it's not a song title, it is the theme of the day/week/hour.

I'm finding out about friendship, and I think it has to do with life's trials. It's easy to be or to attract friends when things are on an even keel--everyone knows that. Wait until the road gets bumpy, then look around to see who's there. Chances are, you will find angels in the form of friends (two and four legged variety) that you never noticed before. When others shrink back or disappear, don't condemn them. They just aren't ready to deal with whatever it is yet.

In yesterday's travails, I found a real angel in the banking lady (Rita). She gave me fantastic financial AND personal advice, which restored my belief in our mutual religion. She also found a major financial mistake, which resulted in me being able to pay for re-doing my roof in cash, and eliminated a 'plastic burden'--demon really, that needed to be excised for many moons. That was wonderful! I left the bank with a much better cash flow, a dead demon, and cash to pay for the roof (in my book, $3500 is a lot to come up with 'on demand'. But we did).

Today a friend of very long standing, Eric, gave me some very good advice on how to handle attempted button pushing that I am definitely going to use. Another earth-angel, Jery, asked how he could help me. God bless the both of you. And there is my Mom, who's having a minor problem or two with her cat that we settled early this morning. And there are others, like M (life saver, integrity itself), Pauly (my rock), S, Doris, Raven and Undies, ZS, Red, and please don't be offended if your name isn't on this list, I'm typing very quickly--be assured that you name is in my heart. All you earth angels are worth more than your weight in gold, and I do not for a minute think that it is co-incidence that you're in my life right now. Also the four footed angel Smokey, who always knows when I need to be comforted.

The blessings in disguise part? Probably that this is a good time to leave where I am now. Have no idea where I will be ultimately, but anywhere is better than working with someone who has no use for me or my profession, right? Isn't it better to be/work where you're wanted, instead of trying to appease? If it had not been for this current dark cloud, I would not have gone to the bank, would not have found $3900, wouldn't have fixed the tax mistake, would not have met Rita, would not have gotten the wisdom and guidance of a very experienced and wise man (Eric) or gotten the reassurance and support of all of you that I have. Yes these are blessings beyond measure. It also taught me humility, acceptance of love (accepting love--even friend love--has been an issue of mine)--so many things that they are beyond naming.

Thank you all so very very much. Change hurts, but the outcome is always good, even if it is hard/hurtful in transition.

Love, Bridget

9 Comments:

  • At 6/09/2005 05:29:00 PM, Blogger Masha said…

    I'm glad you had a wonderful day!

     
  • At 6/09/2005 05:51:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks Masha, it was very welcome!!

     
  • At 6/09/2005 06:54:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    There's always a cloud to every silver lining. Oops, strike that, reverse it!

     
  • At 6/09/2005 08:23:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    ROFL tshsmom!!!

     
  • At 6/10/2005 12:05:00 AM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Wonderful post. You probably noticed in my blog by now how I say I love Americans so much. Well, every time the you know what hits the fan, someone always comes through for me and half the time it's someone I would have never expected. Sometimes it's even a complete stranger. I only wish I could give out at least half the good as I have received. There are so many wonderful people out there.

     
  • At 6/10/2005 12:55:00 AM, Blogger Sara said…

    Thank you for stopping by my blog. I know about clouds and work and let me encourage you that the clouds have to part someday. I'll be back :)

     
  • At 6/10/2005 07:17:00 AM, Blogger Leslie said…

    Great post. Zombiedude is right, there ARE so many wonderful people out there.

     
  • At 6/10/2005 10:51:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    ZS, TY. You say things so very well. I"m going to remember those words on MOnday (and longer)!

    Sara, thanks for dropping by here too.

    Red, you are hilarious, and thank you too for the reassurance.

    If you know of anyone in the market for a 53 year old smart ass let me know...Bridg

     
  • At 6/10/2005 10:12:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I know a lot of places for you, but they don't pay well. If I knew of one that paid well, I'd have it. Sorry! hehe

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home