Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Unbelievable

Gooooood evening world! How are ya tonight? Any news?

This was one gorgeous day, complete with thunderstorm, tropics-like downpour, followed by crisp clear sky and sun.

Didn't even get dressed till 1:00 or so....

Despite the late start, got half of the weekend type stuff done. A little more than a week to go, hey I see the doctor on the 30th as a precheck, so maybe it'll be longer. There are ups and downs to going back later too. Can't make my mind up, do know that the last thing I want to see is that empty office. M said that he doesn't see how I could manage to walk back in there. I think I could as long as S and Pauly are there, and they are. Have been sick all day thinking about it though, literally, including right now.

There's something twisted about a system that allows, hell it promotes, this kind of junk. Could not even do early retirement for another 2 years. Well, maybe. You never know. I come from damn tough stock.

Anywaaaaaaay, it is a treat leaving windows open at this time of year. The aromas are unreal (in a good way), all the rain has made EVERYTHING just zoom on up out of the ground. Forgot that I had someone coming here today to give me an estimate on the roofing (remember the condo command?). They were supposed to be here between 6:00 and 6:30. He showed up at 6:15 on the dot. Must be at least my Mom's age (76), dressed neat as a pin. Looked at the front, back, and then climbed on the roof and took at least 5, 10 minutes to inspect. Came down and gave me the cheapest of the three estimates. And he was the ONLY one to go on the roof. He asked how his estimate compared to the others, and I was delighted to give him the results. I think I'll go with him. Mom's checking him out with the Better Biz Bureau. He even handed out a fact sheet that advised getting 2-3 quotes and doing a BBB check. That was indeed a treat--seeing a real pro in action. Impressive. He owns the company, has only one work team, and he comes on site with them. They even have a dress and behaviour code. Kewl.

Not that I"m a control freak, I"m the opposite. But it's great to see someone who truly takes care of the work they do.

On top of that NCIS was on tonight. Twice a week--another delightful thing today. OK if things happen in threes, I'm due one more. Keep your fingers crossed for me folks......job or romance, I'm not picky, would take either one.

Took M's cell and office number off of my phone since both are no longer his numbers (it was a work cell). That sucked big time. Wish I could flash forward to see what's going to happen. The suspense is killing me.

The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe sure has it good. Laid in the sun all afternoon, facing the garden, drinking in the sun, aromas and birdsong. If there is such a thing as reincarnation, I want to come back as her. Mom did her stuff on her own, which is a good thing. Tomorrow's my turn to 'cook', so that means I get to pay/pick the restaurant for dinner.

Nothing much more to add about today. The odds and sodds I did around the house would just bore yall to tears. But they are things I find comforting, and they keep me from dwelling on unpleasant stuff that I can't control.

Any advice, world? It feels a little lonely here today. I'm sure it'll pass.

Hugs, Bridg

3 Comments:

  • At 5/28/2005 10:32:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    sounds like a lovely day ...

    laying around in jammies til 1:00 is always a fun thing .... i love doing that.

    sounds like the roofing guy is GREAT! what a gentleman and a true business man. i hope you get a great report from the BBB and that you can go with him. i love to see true professionals who care about their craft and their work.

    i am hoping you get another job soon ... i don't want you to have to go back there.

    ahhh .. the life of a cat. i'm jealous!

     
  • At 5/29/2005 08:12:00 PM, Blogger dreadcow said…

    I think I got up around 1 pm today as well. I'm a night person, back in Civilian World I don't go to bed until 5 am. Now the Army has me getting up at that time... Despite being on the day schedule for 8 months I still can't go to bed any earlier than midnight... Sucks!!

    When I get bored/lonely I spend a lot of time on the net. Welcome to my life. Haha!

     
  • At 5/31/2005 02:46:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Yeah, take 2 hours out of your day to watch Finding Neverland. The Mrs. and I loved it. When I get some time, I'll post a review.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home