Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Tequila Sunrise

It's another tequila sunrise,
stirrin slowly across the sky,
I said goodbye,
he was just a hired hand,
workin on the dreams he planned to try,
as days go by.

Every night when the sun goes down,
Just another lonely boy in town,
And she's out runnin round.

She wasn't just another woman,
And I couldn't keep from comin on,
It's been so long.

Oh and it's a hollow feelin,
When it comes down to dealin friends,
It never ends.

Take another shot of courage,
Wonder why the right words never come,
You just get numb.

It's another tequila sunrise,
This old world still looks the same,
Another frame.

Hola world, como usted?

Me, not so bad. Still mellowing, despite having spent most of the day with Mom. Went to see Monster In Law. J. Fonda in this one really got to me because she looks and acts exactly like an abusive ex-boss I had years ago. Scared the sh*t out of me. Wow. Amazing impact. Ate too much popcorn so we didn't go out to dinner. Talked a bit to Sis today..it's amazing. If either Sis or Bro had been told to take a month off (i.e. was cracking up) I would have called or been there in a heartbeat. When Sis moved out of her abusive ex-husband's place, I took a 5 hour excrutiatingly slow bus trip to 'rescue' her (help her move, he didn't know that this was coming. In the end, because he didn't leave the apartment that night, we had to have police stand guard while she moved her stuff out. I engaged the ex in conversation to keep him out of the way. He was carrying two knives at the time. Charming, no?). Anyway, long story short, I ferried Sis, her peeing rabbit and a huge hibiscus back home. 4-5 hours and since we started off at 2:00 am and were exhausted, it was a 2 day event.

So I don't hear from any family members until after a week's gone by. Actually only Sis. Still dunno what's in Bro's head. Just grousing here....

Well it is called ravings and rantings....

Anyway I'm too mellow to be all that p*ssed. Monster In Law isn't bad. It's very predictable but I think that JLo does fine. Jane F way overacts but the part calls for it. Her assistant (the black lady) is the best part of the show.

Am having camera issues. Have been trying to get pics to show you this garden I keep talking about and the blessed new camera is not working. Back it goes tomorrow. Won't mention what it cost, but enough so that this is not acceptable.

Never had this prob with the Sony.

OK OK....enough crabbing.

Off to watch CSI/Law & Order.

Have a great evening, world. Please keep your fingers crossed for M and me finding jobs/vanquishing TLT.

hugs and optimism, Bridg

9 Comments:

  • At 5/15/2005 11:11:00 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Hi Bridg!
    Sorry for being outta the loop (it's been CRAZY!). So happy to hear about your good luck w/ your Mom's medical situation. I'm sure you and she are both breathing easier now that you have some real help and clear info on her situation.

    I do hope you manage to post some pics of your garden; you've described it so often and it sounds lovely! Would enjoy seeing the results of your hard work, especially since I can't garden for shit and need to live vicariously through the gardens of others... :)

    Am still hoping for good luck for you on the job front. Enjoy your time off, though, and be good to yourself!
    -- Chris

     
  • At 5/16/2005 07:33:00 AM, Blogger Kris said…

    I haven't forgotten you, Bridg. I just didn't get a chance to finish that tutorial. I'll be mailing it to you tomorrow for sure, though!

     
  • At 5/16/2005 04:15:00 PM, Blogger nutty said…

    What a little busy bee.

     
  • At 5/16/2005 04:18:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hey Chris lovely to hear from you and TY for the kind words. It IS a relief finding someone who knows what they're doing...also had to get help on even using my camera (how clueless is that lol?) and it's raining, but will post as soon as weather clears.

    TY also re job wishes, I am 'talking' to St. Jude a lot these days (patron of lost causes)!!

    hugs, bridg

     
  • At 5/16/2005 04:19:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hi Undies, yep for 'relaxing' it sure has been nuts around here.

    Don't know how I did all that on weekends before, and REALLY feel for single moms.

    ya gotta shake yer head....Bridg

     
  • At 5/16/2005 09:07:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    hey missy .. thanks for your preaching today :) it was very well appeciated.

    oh, you've been tagged!! :)

     
  • At 5/16/2005 10:12:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thank you Raven, that sure brightened up my day! Could not help the preaching, your words went right to my heart.

    Someday ya gotta teach me how to do that tag thing, OK?

    I'm a Neanderthal with computers
    and men
    and food
    and driving
    and.....hugs,Bridg

     
  • At 5/16/2005 10:28:00 PM, Blogger Steph said…

    Hey Bridget, I'm sorry that you felt your family wasn't there for you in your moment in need. It's okay to rant about that. I think I'm probably like your brother and sister in that regard. I love my family more than anything in the world, but I think I'm the flaky one of the bunch. We are definitley all gifted in different areas, and they would say I'm great at some things - they certainly know I love them - but they are the ones who come running to me when I need them.
    I wish I were better in that way to them. I wonder if it's because I'm the youngest and used to being watched over and taken care of? I don't know.
    Anyway, one thing is clear...you sound less stressed now that your'e out of that insane work environment. Enjoy your days!!

     
  • At 5/19/2005 06:19:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Steph it helps to hear that from the other side. Thanks for the perspective. And it's so similar---I'm the oldest, Sis is the youngest.

    Thanks!!

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home