Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, May 20, 2005

Take Me In Your Arms

No this isn't aimed at 123 I-Love-You. It's the 70s song by the Doobie Bros:

I know you're leavin'
Leavin' me behind
I'm seein' you darlin'
For the very last time

Show a little tenderness
Mama, before you go
Please let me feel
Your embrace once more

Take me in your arms
Rock me, rock me a little while
Oh, with you darlin'
Rock me, rock me a little while

We almost feel heartache sometime
Right now, right now
I'm feelin' mine
I tried my best to be strong
But I'm not able
I'm like a helpless child
Left in a cradle
Before you leave me mama
Leave me far behind
Please let me feel
Happy one more time

Take me in your arms
Rock me, rock me a little while
Oh, with you darlin'
Rock me, rock me a little while

I'm losin' you
And my happiness
My life is so dark
I must confess

I'll never, never see your smilin' face no more
I'll never, never hear your knock upon my door
Before you leave me
Leave me behind
Please let me feel
Happy one more time

Take me in your arms
Rock me, rock me a little while
Oh, with you darlin'
Rock me, rock me a little while
©1965, 1975 Jobete Music Company, Inc.

It's a GORGEOUS day here! Have been sleeping like a log, sorry for the neglect--it won't happen again. But did forget my dreams, which didn't involve murder. Got through a nice thick Jeffrey Archer book (his latest about twins separated at birth) today, AND got groceries done today. Mom went to her first day at the day hospital for geriactrics and came back on cloud 9. THANK YOU LORD!!!

M's interview, although not a done deal, went really well (again thank You Lord!!!) . Their first preference is for someone already permanently an executive (he was acting/new at it chez where I am/was) but I'm pretty familar with the scene in this town and there are three jobs currently open at that level and VERY few folks to fill them. He also mentioned that he could staff the whole group with pros at all levels (I'd be #1!!!) and they were very happy to hear that, since that's what they need. And I've worked in that field before too.

I can't wait, I can't wait, I cannnnnoooottttt waaaiiiitttt.

And do NOT want to go back within 10000 yards of wherever TLT is. I'll have to, at first, but given that man's prediliction for verbal assault (and hatred of me), I'll probably be back on sick leave within 24 hours. Just a guess. A @#$%@#^ educated one, tho. I can't believe that he'll stay in that job long. M thinks he'll be gone by September. I sure hope he's right, but it's pretty late in the day for corrections now.

I miss seeing and talking to my buddies already but so far am surprisingly OK. Well, this doctor is good. If she says I need to be totally away, then she's right. It was also great, fantastic, soul-nourishing to hear M happy and hopeful again too. And I"ve had allll kinds of joke e mails too. So I"m kind of alone but it's OK, not lonely.

Even got the LAUNDRY done (and dusting and polishing) yesterday. This is quite something, considering I'm on 'holiday/sick leave'. That's usually a Sunday/Saturday thing.

Want to put in a garden wall in the front, but it hurts my back just THINKING about that. Will get a book on it, maybe bricks, and first clean up the scary room (I keep saying that, but do I do it? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo) this weekend. Have to make minestrone too. Making soup is something I love doing. It's good for you, the body and soul. Wish I could give all of you guys my minestrone!

Will also take more pics to post, so that I don't forget how lol.....

Sending you all my love, hugs, best wishes and sincere thanks for your hopes, wishes and prayers. I know they're working!

Hugs, Bridg

3 Comments:

  • At 5/20/2005 09:32:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    glad things are going well for you ...

    you deserve it.

     
  • At 5/20/2005 09:44:00 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    It sounds like life is treating you well...that's always a good feeling. Hope it continues right on through the weekend and into next week.

    Yah, send me some soup...I love Minestrone. Have you ever had wedding soup? Love that too!!!

     
  • At 5/20/2005 10:38:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks so much Raven dear. I left a few notes on your blog..am considering a really obscene note on mine about THAT other blog. You deserve all of life's goodies too.

    Kimmyk thank you too. Sending that soup right away. Yes have had wedding soup, but typical me, not nuts about it lol!

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home