Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Sharp Dressed Man

Let's hear it for ZZ Top! Yea!!

Hi world! Hope your day was as restful as mine was.

Got dressed at 4:00 or later. Spent the whole day making distribution lists for jokes on my home accounts, which are not compatible with each other. That's right, I had to type in all of the blinking addys twice. And the list has over 60 names on it. But it was worth it! Finally got it done. And some of you guys are on it.

Also a small victory: I finally won the last game of Emperor's Challenge Mah Jongg--got the rank of Emperor. You have no idea how much it bothered me not being able to win that flipping game until today. I have played it for hours...I think it's almost impossible to win, but you let me know how YOU find it. Won with 18 seconds to spare out of 3 minutes. Man that is a relief.

Watered the garden, which is looking MUCH happier since I also put down fertilizer yesterday. My back is absolutely killing me, but am treating it...

Feels so good to take your time in the am, read the newspaper right away...I am in heaven. The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe is not happy with me (too much computer time) but she'll get over it. Didn't call or hear from M, which was sad, but he planned on today being his last in the office and had some jobs to staff. That was very noble of him...just makes me shake my head that HE's going and TLT is staying. It's the opposite of what SHOULD be going on but ohhhhhh I have to watch the flippin blood pressure.

Am taking Mom to a geriatric hospital program for an interview tomorrow. This will be a first in terms of not taking work time off and I'm very glad about it. Come to think of it, this entire month is NOT vacation time but medical time. YIPPEE!!!

Even got some photos (I'm a shutter bug) and cooking done.

Does life get any better? OK OK don't all answer that at once. But right now it feels pretty good. Yah I know there's turbulence out there, but here in my little garden (which I hope to have pics of for you soon), all is serene, sunny, flower-filled, warmish and calm.

Hugs world, may all of your gardens be beautiful, Bridg

3 Comments:

  • At 5/12/2005 09:07:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    good to hear you sounding so uplifted and happy. i guess you really did need the rest ... so that's a good thing.

    i have been so busy the last few days ... but also wanting to leave where i am now. not sure what to do. *sigh*

     
  • At 5/13/2005 12:10:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hi Raven and TY for the good thoughts. It sure is nice not to have my stomach in knots or be running to the washroom every hour.

    Re changing jobs...Not sure it's a great thing, but I usually wait until all my alarm bells are ringing (usually they're pretty sensitive,except in this last case for me). At least then you have more conviction...and you need drive to pull that kind of thing off.

    Hope that helps, Bridg

     
  • At 5/13/2005 01:23:00 PM, Blogger nutty said…

    Garden, newspapers, 4:00 ... oh the life.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home