Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Right Here, Right Now

Yea Fatboy Slim! I know I've used this one before, but this is how I feel. Bring it on!

Hi world! Roaring atcha....how are ya?

It's raining softly here. The gardens love it, the birds are happy (brings worms and other bird-delicacies up to the surface). A great movie day if I ever saw one....

Mom's visit to the geriactric day hospital was GREAT but on the long side. Nevertheless, there are a BUNCH of folks there her age, with sparkles in their eyes (non drug induced) and plenty of the right kind of activities. The place is run by one of the major hospitals in town--the one I took her to when she had her heart attack.

And the doctor in charge is of geriactric vintage herself. A tweeds & jeans type, unbelievably perceptive and bright. Loved her on the spot.

She spotted two obvious probs right off the bat and I'm kicking myself for not having seen them myself: 1- Mom had a stroke as well as a heart attack. It shows in her walk and speech; and 2-Mom's on the wrong antidepressant, which is why her mood has deteriorated and why she's lost 45 pounds in a month or two. On top of that, her dose of blood pressure meds is too high, which is why she keeps falling over backwards after standing up.

All this on the first visit. And a very thorough exam too. MAN we are so relieved. Might have mentioned it before, NOT knowing is the killer, not bad news. At least in my book.

Mom had the best night's sleep she's ever had last night, probably because the pieces are falling into place. She was accepted into the day hospital program, starting next Friday and her meds changes took place immediately. I'm so relieved to find a doctor who knows one end of the gut from the other that it's ridiculous. At last!

Didn't do much after that visit, except go to lunch. The exam and lunch took from 10:30 until 2:00. And lunch was an hour. Was pretty worn out after that, so took a huge nap.

Today have the usual housekeeping things to do but at a more leisurely pace since for me there is only vacation/leave on Monday. Can't help but grin over that. After the hell I've been through, and will go back to in June, it's about time I got to unwind. Am hearing regularly from those buddies I love so dearly. These are special people, as you are too dear readers.

OK off to shop (my fave type of med!)!!! Catch ya later, and have the best weekend ever, world!

hugs, Bridg

6 Comments:

  • At 5/14/2005 08:50:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    i am very glad that your Mom is feeling much better. that must be a huge relief!!

    i know it's scary to face these kinds of decisions for our parents ... i'm glad she has such a king, caring and loving daughter to look after her.

    hope you got a chance to relax. i did my grandson's mother's hair today (blonde highlights) and got to see my grandson walk ... *sigh* he's not a baby anymore! he will be 1 next month!

     
  • At 5/14/2005 08:55:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    TY so much Raven, it is a VERY big relief and thanks for the kind words. I'm not ready to be without her for a long time yet.

    Didn't intend to fall asleep but yep did it again. It sounds relaxing to do someone's hair! One of my closest buds is a (fantastic) hairdresser.

    I envy you having a grandchild to watch grow up. I bet he's a sweetheart. Won't be long now 'til he's running, right?

    Many hugs, Bridg

     
  • At 5/15/2005 12:20:00 AM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    he is adorable. i've posted a few pics on my blog .. in the archives. he was trying to run today ... LOL ... little booger.

     
  • At 5/15/2005 04:09:00 AM, Blogger Kris said…

    Bridg!

    With so much going well for you, the only thing left is to submit to the Blog Kris Empire. You know you wanna.

    I'm going to go make your member button now.

     
  • At 5/15/2005 12:39:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Kris, TY so much, man!! If anyone (hint hint) can tell me how to do that button thing I'll add you to mine.

    Damn I'm computer illiterate.

    Bridg the dummy

     
  • At 5/15/2005 09:44:00 PM, Blogger Kris said…

    You want to know how to make buttons or add links?

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home