Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, May 23, 2005

On The Radio

Let's hear it for Donna Summer, world! Ca va?
On the Radio
DONNA SUMMER
Someone found the letter you wrote me
On the radio
And they told the world just how you felt
It must have fallen out of a holeIn your brown overcoat
They never said your name
But I knew just who they meant
Oh, I was so surprised and shocked
And I wondered too
If by chance you you heard it for yourself
I never told a soul
Just how I've been feeling over you
But they said it really loud
They said it on the air

Chorus
On the radio,
ohhh, on the radio
Ohhhh, on the radio,
ohhh, on the radio
.
.
.
If you think that love isn't found
On the radio
Then tune right in
You may fin the love you lost'
Cause now I'm sittin' here
With the man I sent away long ago
It sounded really loud
He said it really loud

Chorus

It's raining here like it's never going to end. Not the driving kind of rain, the soft misty stuff. Almost like something out of a black and white 1950s Sherlock Holmes movie night shot. Not too shabby, if one must have rain.

Started worrying about TLT again (no link will be made to the 'bug' found in basement yesterday). Don't worry, took the meds to take the edge off but don't like having to do that. It's a fear response and I'd rather be on the love side (of the love-fear divide).

Today being a holiday here when very little is open, napped a lot. Woke up to find The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe watching me from her perch by my feet. Kind of disconcerting at first. Did absolutely nothing today. Didn't read, didn't DARE go down in the scary room after yesterday's discovery. Since nothing was open, didn't bother shopping and was too sleepy to try cooking. Didn't even eat.

Oh oh. Sounds like depression, right only I"m on meds for that.

Well it might have been plain old tiredness, since the scary room stuff took up a lot of time and effort and isn't finished yet.

Yeah, that's it.

Will do movie (Star Wars) tomorrow, after calling 1-800-got-junk. Want that nonsense in the basement gone. Ick ick ick. Hate to be 'girly' but gross.

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but I live in a 3 bedroom structure with totally packed closets. Tomorrow THOSE get cleaned.

Makes me tired thinking about it.

Need to get back to work for a rest, but since our appraisals are being done, that is the precise hour when WWIII will start.

Oh damn. May as well do the closets then.

Nice things about rain (a) it makes things cooler/easier to sleep)
(b) makes flowers and plants grow like mad
(c) gives you time to do stuff you would normally ignore as long
as possible (13 years in the case of the scary room)
(d) gives birdies something to eat (worms)

Have a lovely worm and bug free evening, world!

Hugs from Bridg, fraidy cat

3 Comments:

  • At 5/24/2005 09:45:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    ok i must have lost time somewhere because i could have sworn i responded to this post yesterday .. but now it's not here.

    am i losing my mind?

     
  • At 5/24/2005 10:47:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    No NO I remember the comment, it had to do with the c---h bug being the worst and you hate buggies too. hmmm I know I didn't delete it....Bridg

     
  • At 5/24/2005 10:48:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hey I found it Raven, it was under the Pony Man blog entry.

    Stranger and stranger!
    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home