Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

More Than A Woman

So sue me, I like the Bee Gees! And (some) disco!

Hola world, how goes it? We finally got the sun out here. It was a gorgeous day, which naturally I spent in the scary room ---which is turning into a basement--slowly but surely. So far have filled ten of those plastic storage boxes with stuff, mostly Christmas decorations and clothes. The skinny clothes look like doll's clothes, but I've kept the ones I want to get into again. Called the got junk guys. They are coming on Thursday afternoon, which gives me tomorrow to get finished down there.

Found another one of THOSE bugs, very dead and dried up. I think it came from an unopened $149 fake Christmas tree I bought several years ago. So I think that's the end of them. Bought another 9 plastic boxes a few minutes ago and hopefully that will take care of that in the basement. Sure is a lot roomier down there.

Had a call from M this am about work, and it made me physically ill, I kid you not. Not because of M, love his voice and he's just a super person and everything, it was the work part. Oh well no biggie and we're having lunch on Friday. He was very alarmed that I didn't have any paperwork on a new potential job 'till I reminded him that I don't go back next week, I go back on June 7. Am really looking forward to it too, yah, like a root canal.

Well, I will love being with the guys.

Mr. B, well that's another story.

Hope we (the gang) will be together again soon. It's too good a group to suffer like this.

In the process of cleaning up the basement, got the spare room straightened out (again too many clothes stuffed into every conceiveable nook and cranny---now plastic boxes). Miss Smoky is very happy with this turn of events. Also noticed that when I spend less time on the computer my feet don't get as swollen. My md thought that some of the valves in my legs are no longer working the way that they should, so everything south of my ankles swells like all get out if I sit too long with my feet on the floor.

Take it from me folks, once you hit 40 it's all down hill and I hit that sucker a long time ago!

Anyway, am really happy with the way that the house is shaping up. And oddly enough, I can't tell you what, if anything, I am thinking about when I'm cleaning up, but it isn't work or problems. Believe it or not, it is like resting my brain. If I was lying in the sun, I know I'd be thinking about it. Do lose track of time and today fogot to eat lunch.

Last night I dreamed that somehow I talked Mom into working for me, and called a meeting with a Minister and his staff. The minister (it was a specific one in the dream) ridiculed me for lack of knowledge and cool (jumping the gun) and was quite sarcastic. Yep a real dream that one was. Wonder how long it'd take to thoroughly get this crap out of my brain? It must be serving a purpose of some kind, probably defense.

Did any of you see the season finale of NCIS? What did you think of it? Holy crap I was totally absorbed by the entire episode. Could not believe the ending. Wow. Talk about out of left field.
And another strange thing happened--have totally lost my taste for pizza. How bizarre huh? My number one food obsession for 53 years has now turned to grease. Oh well. Must be all that healthy stuff I'm eating now.

Had an e mail from S this am. All about his weekend and stuff, asking after me. It was sweet and lovely of him. Jer sent me Don Quixote lyrics (odd since I mentioned that lyrics don't cut it) but hey at least he's reading the blog. S is too shy to do so, Pauly does sometimes. None of us will tell M what the URL is. Thank God!!

Bought a book (may have mentioned it a few posts ago) about controlling anger, anxiety etc. that I found on Amazon.com. I love the writers, they (Fanning and MacKay) are really good. Have been reading the text when I take breathers from the basement. Hopefuly it will help, although my shrink said (a) that I have had some pretty hard/difficult bosses and (b) anyone else put into my situation would have reacted the same way and (c) my anger, the times I've had it, is totally justified. That makes me feel better, but I'd like to control situations instead of having them control me. That's why I"m reading this stuff. Here's a link to the book at Amazon. com: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1572243449/ref=pd_rhf_p_1/002-3243246-1627269?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance

Was something else I had in mind to blog, but can't remember it. Oh well, must be old age creeping in there.

Have a wonderful night, you all. I'm off to snooze soon....Bridge

4 Comments:

  • At 5/25/2005 02:26:00 AM, Blogger nutty said…

    Is forgetting the last comment an over forty thing too? just kidding ...

     
  • At 5/25/2005 06:40:00 AM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    so you're going back to work on the 7th .. this time has just flown by, hasn't it?

    have you heard anything on a new position? i was sure hoping you'd find something else during this time so you wouldn't have to go back

     
  • At 5/26/2005 01:19:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hi guys! Undies I am NNNNNNNNot gonna touch that one except to say just waaaiiitttt!!

    Raven, I might get an extension of the time off depending on the status of the job offer. Time has indeed flown by, and it did take a loooong time for the night mares to stop. Had one the other night but in it, the top man in another area made fun of me, which kinda beats being murdered (my other dreams). The job is likely to happen/come through by mid June if my guess is right. M is working on 4 potential jobs (they are looking for big shots now), and he's promised to bring me to work with him because of the (to quote him) danger I'm in.

    Maybe I should not be, but I feel pretty relaxed about the whole thing.

    Please keepyour fingers crossed, huh?

    hugs, Bridg

     
  • At 5/26/2005 01:36:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    I hate to admit this, but I've always liked the song Staying Alive. When was that, mid-70s?
    That bass riff is just awesome. Would love to see a funky heavy metal cover of it.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home