Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

I Fought The Bee and The Bee Won

Not quite what the Bobby Fuller Four had in mind but it's what happened, world! Hope your day did not involve bees...

I opened the garden door to let the aroma of the lilacs and Daphne into the house--it's wonderful this time of year. I almost walked into the biggest damn bumble bee I've ever seen, and probably gave it a heart attack in my stampede to get away from it.

Didn't even notice that I"d cut my toe badly until I noticed all the blood on the floor. Big deep cut. Took 4 big bandaids and I don't know how many Kleenexes and paper towels to stop the bleeding. That was around 6:30 and it's still throbbing a bit (prob because the foot's down).

So far the scary room transition to basement is going pretty OK. Have used up 21 plastic storage bins and have about half that many's worth still to go and the junk guys are coming tomorrow after lunch. This is going to be f.u.n. (well at least getting rid of that crap). On the bright side, I found my degree, driving school grad certificate, high school diploma and other oldies but goodies. Come to think of it, I came pretty close to throwing that stuff out. Scary huh?

Also old dead c-------h buggies but so far they're all long dead. 3-4 to date. Not sure what I'll do about that but will wait till the junk's gone. Ick ick eeeeewwwwww

The number two man at our organization resigned today. Gave no reason, no warning, only said that he really liked working with us, etc. Hmmmmmmmm. I have a friend, the one out west that I interviewed, who also reports to this guy directly and HE didn't know until I told him. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. He was very good at his job, and a firm supporter of my field, me and M. S-H-I-T!!!

Wish I hadn't written about the buggies. Now I feel all icky.

Have to take more garden pics. The place is looking better now that there are more blooms. Hope the bees leave me alone tomorrow.

This has to be one of God's jokes. I'm scared to death of bees, so guess what my hobby, one of very few, is? Right. Planting bee magnets.

Mom's off to get a Doppler image of one of her carotid (neck) arteries tomorrow am. They think that there's a blockage in one. That is a BAD place to have blockage. Hope it is a little one....

Got the letter from the condo cops ordering me to get the roof redone. Pauly got his house done three years ago for $2K. So what was my first estimate (done today)? Yep a whopping $3800. YIKES. Called four more places for estimates. I live in a townhouse for pete's sake. The same guy estimates $3K for my mother's HOUSE. How does a townhouse cost more than a single house? You tell me.

Need to find someone rich/solvent to adopt me.....

Am having lunch with M on Friday. He has promised beer, and I intend to drink it. He knows damn well I can't drink more than 2 anyway (my feet swell so badly that I can't get my shoes on/off). Well it'll be lovely to see him again.

And I bought a boom box for the basement to make packing a little cheerier. Had to search to find one that'll play and record tapes as well as CDs. I found my 45s and tapes when repacking downstairs, and I have a nice set (up to a given era/year that is). So tomorrow there shall be tunes!

Now all I have to do is find another job, ramp the stress down and make sure that my foot doesn't fall off.

And how are you doing world?

Look out for the damn bees, they're everywhere!

Bridg

7 Comments:

  • At 5/26/2005 03:53:00 AM, Blogger cookie said…

    This post is so very cute and entertaining. (Not referring to the part where you cut your toe of course)

    I like the way you write Ms. Jones. Every time I read your post, I can actually smile without feeling bad about it. (???)

    Umm..I'll go now.

    Oh but before I go, don't forget.

    It is a common misconception to best let a wound "breathe" or air out. The best way to protect a wound is to cover it with a bandage until fully healed. Bandages that absorb a wounds fluid and maintain a natural moisture balance are ideal for healing and enables skin cells to migrate together to form new tissue.

    Some products have been created to treat all minor wounds, including BAND-AID® Brand Hurt-Free™ Antiseptic Wash - a cleanser featuring an anesthetic to help ease the throbbing of minor wounds - and BAND-AID® Brand Water Block Plus™ Finger-Wrap - designed to stay on fingers when wet.

     
  • At 5/26/2005 01:33:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    About every five years or so, there are sightings of killer bees in the southern border by Mexico. Now, those are the bees I'm scared of.
    Apparently they all get exterminated because I have yet to hear of them getting as far north as we are.
    What I'd like to know is what do you do if attacked by killer bees? I heard jump in the water, but recently it's been flooding and the local creeks are more dangerous than the bees now. Plus I heard that if you jump in water, they'll wait for you to come up for air.

     
  • At 5/26/2005 02:52:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Andre that is so sweet! Thank you--you made my day!! You should see the grin you put on my face...have a wonderful day/week/year!

    p.s. are you a med student? I did use the second skin type of bandaid and poured peroxide over it first. Will take your advice and leave it alone.

    Bridg




    Totally agree ZS. I think what anyone attacked by those thingies is to
    swim underwater. You're right, I've also heard that they wait for you.
    But they don't really have brains, just collections of nerves and I
    don't think that they've figured out underwater swimming yet.
    Bridg
    ps. don't wear black anywhere near them. I've seen on films (I'm a bio
    major) what they do to black.

    Bridg the fraidy cat

     
  • At 5/26/2005 05:38:00 PM, Blogger nutty said…

    You have the most amazing ability to fill up your days, Bridge. This post was especially nice.

     
  • At 5/26/2005 07:36:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thank you, Undies, it sure was heart and toe-felt!

    Wish I could retire. Given how bad I am at house maintenance, just that and the back yard could easily take up a few months a year.

    How are you these days? I am maintaining my daily trips to your blog....Bridg

     
  • At 5/26/2005 10:00:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    sorry about your toe ... glad you got your packing done .. feels good spring cleaning, doesn't it?

     
  • At 5/26/2005 10:22:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Oh Raven does it EVER. It's like dumping decades of baggage (and I actually did get rid of old suitcases too.

    Wow. Almost like taking a shower.

    How are you, mon amie?

    hugs, Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home