Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Eye Of The Tiger

OH MAN it finally happened.

M is leaving. He and TLT/Mr. B had a big blowup towards the end of today, then M went home. The reason? M is 'arrogant' (read 'confident'). I could go on and on (and have here before, huh guys?) about what's behind all of this, but the upshot is that M's going back to where he came from. God knows what idiot they'll drag in here next but I am NOT sticking around for it. Will wait to talk to Pauly and S before making up my mind.

It's been a long time since I felt my heart actually break, and it happened this afternoon. And for no good reason other than that little idiot's ego.

We have a super group here. A collection of talent and personalities I've only seen in one place before this--truly rare. TLT ...well Chris said it all. Underqualified, insecure twit. This is so stupid and unnecessary.

M--like the rest of us--knows the field so damn well. Is a great people manager, a super negotiator. Was snowed under, deliberately, I think, with administrivia. Can you believe ONE man having 4 support staff with no line responsibilities, and his two managers with ZERO support?

What would YOU expect to happen?

Yah right an accident.

We've had nothing but bozos here for the last seven years. We finally get a good guy here and the reigning idiot has to drive him out due to his own insecurities and oversupply of testosterone.

This has the same air of unreality as:
  • Princess Diana's death
  • OJ's aquittal
  • The NDP being elected in Ontario
  • My wedding
  • Mr. Bean being elected Pope

Well that last one is the only thing I can really directly relate to this!

Guys/World, I wish I could be funny for you tonight, I wish I could be hopeful, shit while I'm at it I wish I looked like Cindy Crawford, but none of those things are gonna happen tonight.

Pray for us folks, it's going to be a bumpy ride. Thank you, Pauly for calming me down tonight and for being the rock-solid friend that you always are. You are absolutely the best and I only wish I could return even half the favor. We gotta pull this one out of the fire.

Bridg

7 Comments:

  • At 5/03/2005 07:38:00 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    Hehe, you were funny actually, that list made me giggle. I hope the very best for you hon! Good luck :D

     
  • At 5/03/2005 07:55:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    i'm so sorry Brig ... (( big hugs ))

    i know you were kind of prepared for this .. but not really.

    is he going to the place where you and Pauly could go too?

    change is ALWAYS hard .. but sometimes the RIGHT thing is the hardest thing to do. hang in there, i know you'll make the decision that's best for YOU ... for your future .. i know you'll take all of that into consideration ...

    rest tonight ... relax if you can ... worrying changes NOTHING ... it's a mind-screw because you can't do anything ... you just think about things that don't exist ...

    take a warm bath .. watch a good movie ... and be good to yourself.

     
  • At 5/03/2005 08:48:00 PM, Blogger Steve said…

    If he was such a good person, and a raft of people will leave on the back of his departure, then take some comfort in the fact that TLT will be the one with egg on his face.

    If you can follow him then do it. I've never stayed somewhere where I have been unhappy, I never find it worthwhile.

     
  • At 5/04/2005 12:51:00 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    Sorry Brid. If he wasn't getting along with the boss then he's better off going elsewhere - he'll be better off in the long run.

    Like Raven said - be good to yourself - like Steve said - don't stay somewhere if we aren't happy - life's too short.

     
  • At 5/04/2005 07:41:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hi guys, you are all wonderful and I agree with all of you.
    Elizabeth--guess there's a funny
    gene? A smart-ass gene? Anyway,
    TY so much
    Raven _(((huge hugs))) Thank you so much for your common sense!! Yes he is going where Pauly and I can go (we hope). See tonight's blog--Pauly might try to ride it out till TLT retires (soon we hope). I could not stand it that long. Trying to be good to me but you know how hard that is..

    Steve you are right! He does have a few options right now (with no notice, that's a pretty good start). I definitely will follow the guy, he is great to work with (the other stuff's fled my mind for the moment!). You're right about staying where I'm unhappy. And also right on re egg on face...

    Mike--right on! I don't get along with TLT either, guess this has been coming for a long time and having M there just delayed things.

    Thank you all so much, and keep your fingers crossed for us please?
    Bridg

     
  • At 5/05/2005 07:44:00 AM, Blogger Mike said…

    Fingers, toes and anything else that can possibly be crossed are, have been, or will be.

     
  • At 5/06/2005 12:31:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thank you Mike...you da man!

    Bridg (also crossing eyes, arms, toes...appendages in general)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home