Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Afternoon Delight

No not the kind we all love, world!

Do any of you have a Jacuzzi mat or Jacuzzi tub? I can't afford the tub so bought the mat. Wow. Sheer heaven. This thing turns your tub into a Jacuzzi, and has a remote control on it that lets you control the speed/size of bubbles. It even has a holder for the remote control so that you can stick the thing on the side of your tub and comes with six different types of aromatherapy beads. It is the closest thing to heaven I know. Also bought (a while ago--like a few years ago) a thing I call the California Machine. It's pyramid shaped, has soft light (you control the intensity) coming from the sides, plays your choice of six sounds and your choice of volume (I like the ocean, but there's a brook, thunderstorm, zen chant, you get the picture) and the top of the pyramid warms aromatherapy rings or beads.

Today I finally put down the 14 3 litre bags of mulch that the unhappy man in the familiar plaid shirt delivered last Sunday. Was big red mess after (it's cedar mulch) and it took HOURS (I'm guessing 4). Put down the J mat, lit candles, laid down some lavender beads and had a bubble jacuzzi. I am so mellow now it's disgusting. My back's still sore but I don't care anymore.

Yesterday I got groceries, including the biggest bag of pistacio nuts that you've ever seen, and a bunch of trashy mags. Read and ate all afternoon, and finally felt like I'm on vacation after a while. Yes IT/TLT is still on my mind, M is never off of it, but I did feel a whole lot better. Today was kind of an extension of that, even tho they asked me to do some work stuff (well, S did and he's a darling so I did it for him. It was a quickie anyway).

Maybe should make this J mat thing a feature of my month off. Did I drink wine in the tub? Alas, there the fantasy fades. Took a 2 liter bottle of diet ginger ale in. What's worse, I finished it there!

Talked to M today. He got some verbage from TLT that is as close to an apology as he is going to get (M actuall went into work to finish off work he committed to do to staff others. Is that noble or WHAT? MAN he's good). The semi-apology probably does not apply to me but do I care? Hell no. I'm with M, wherever he goes. Hopefully to the place I interviewed at on Monday. No word yet, and that scares me. Pauly says that no news is good news there (he used to work there. That's where I stole him from).

The yard, which is two gigantic flower beds, looks great now. It's supposed to rain tonight, so I put down some fertilizer too. This yard is going to look great if I can help it. Want to get a self supporting hammock, will do that tomorrow if it's raining.

Hope I can lose weight too but at the rate I'm eating pistacios, not likely lol. Did have some horrid nosebleeds which I have never had in my life. Before any of you say 'high blood pressure', I"m on extra strength meds for that. Could it be the salt in the nuts? Who knows/cares, I'm too mellow. Besides it stopped so..no biggie, just strange.

Am hearing from my blessed buddies every day so far, one of them almost every hour (Z, Pauly, S, Marc, Doris, Jery and M). I love them so much. You really find out who your friends are when something like this happens.

M brought in a bottle of wine to the cafeteria lady (A) who's been so nice to all but especially us. When I had my heart operation she said that she wouldn't sell me french fries anymore, and the cook (D) said that she wouldn't make them for me lol. Anyway they're solidly on side, and it sure was classy of M to bring them the wine.

What can I say? They're ALL the best.

OK off for more mellowing. Please keep your fingers crossed for us, or if you could, provide the name of a good witch doctor (just kidding on that last one!).

Night and hugs, world!

Bridg

3 Comments:

  • At 5/11/2005 10:31:00 PM, Blogger Steph said…

    The cafeteria lady and the cook - people who watch out for you with that kind of affection are total quality. Must make you fel good!

     
  • At 5/12/2005 01:36:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    i am keeping my fingers crossed for you on the job front.

    i am going to be in your same position here soon (job hunting) ... so we can send each other good vibes.

     
  • At 5/12/2005 08:44:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thank you both so much. Yah Steph, these are the best, kindest folks in the world but they don't take any guff. Love 'em both to bits and yes it does feel good that I'm one of theirs....Raven best of luck to you too. This is not the best place to be in but it does hold promise...hugs, Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home