Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Show Me The Way

OK world, sorry for all the Peter Frampton's but hey.

A truly warm, gorgeous day here. Took Mom shopping and what a mistake that was. Feel really torn...she needs to get groceries, I like visiting with her, but man she walks so slow I've seen funeral marches go faster. By the time we're halfway through the store, I am in severe pain, and today I actually complained to her about it (she b*tched at me about walking too fast). There's gotta be a compromise here but it sure isn't obvious to me. Yet.

Apparently the condo I live in is sending threatening letters to owners (like yours truly) telling us to re-roof our houses or else (or else they do it and take out a lien on your house). Don't you just love people in committees? One house out of 43 has experienced a leak BTW.

Idiots.

Didn't get to gardening due to the Mom stuff (took until 4:00 to get this done and it was so draining I napped for two hours after). Will give it a shot tomorrow. This is a big job since I turned my entire back yard into two gigantic flower beds with a very narrow strip of grass down the center. I have a next door neighbor that makes me feel like a lazy slob. She's in her late 70s, father was an SS officer (heavy German accent), and is rather swift at doing housework, gardening and house maintenance. Has more energy than most teenagers. The issue is that she is convinced that I should be exactly like her and of course I'm the opposite of her. The funny part is that when she goes into the back yard, all the birds shut up. It's really funny (there's a park behind our back yards--lots of birds).

My pal Peggy who lives on the East Coast is coming for a visit next weekend, so I have to get my butt in gear and clean up. Actually it'd be cheaper to hire Emmi (next door clean freak) but if I did that I'd never hear the end of it. Not to mention actually be able to pay anyone to do anything, lol.

Peggy's an entomologist with a hell of a sense of humor and two little kiddies. Actually one of them is going on 12 so I guess they're not so little anymore. We used to work together...sheesh 20 years ago.

MAN I'm old.

Woke up today thinking about saying 'have a nice weekend' to M before we parted company on Friday night. He has this way of tilting his head back/chin up when he's happy, and man was he doing that then. Giving me the eye too. I didn't say anything anywhere near intimate. To quote Hawkeye (M*A*S*H) I would only have irritated my glands. What's the point (she says, wishing that there was a point!)?

Also had the worst most vivid dreams. Is this an effect of not taking sleeping pills anymore? Dreamed that my witch sister in law S burned my house down, and had someone steal my car while the burning house distracted me....I wound up somehow with my ex husband who was explaining this to me and he was taking me somewhere. I was looking for a hospital's phone number, and living in an apartment at the time.

WEIRD huh? It was very unpleasant.

Well, 123, I think I'd take a Ted Danson dream anytime over that kind of stuff....

and am NOT looking forward to going to sleep anytime soon. Think I'll watch a movie first.

Night world, wishing you good dreams!

Bridg

1 Comments:

  • At 4/17/2005 10:46:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    first of all i LOVED Peter Frampton. i have all of his albums. YES, albums .. on vinyl. :)

    i also hate homeowner's associations. they do some good .. but ... harass for all the wrong reasons.

    sorry about the bad dream .... i hate disturbing dreams. i think about them for days afterward trying to figure out what it all meant.

    i hope you have a good monday at work :)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home