Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Right Here Right Now

The Fat Boy Slim version. MAN I love that music!! A huge thank you to Pauly for figuring out what the name of that song was.

OK world, hell has officially frozen over. LaB was actually decent with me today on a work issue (she needed my help). Yes M was there at the time but still, she asked good questions and actually listened. A first. On top of that, I came home from work ENERGIZED instead of totally out of energy. M had a great idea for a second career for the two of us and others. It involves research, public good and the type of work we do right now (which we both are pretty good at). I'm so excited about this it honestly makes my pulse pick up. I know, pathetic, but it really does. I can't wait. And have a fair number of pals who would be very good at this kind of thing too including Pauly. Wow. This could make my existence on this planet actually be meaningful in some way (not easy to do if you don't have kids). Neat! Have invited a pal to lunch with us so that we can get into this with him soon.

Things come in threes, don't they? Let's see, what else happened, oh yah. Got several annoying projects done. Am most of the way through another one. If I'm not careful I actually might make progress.

Can't have that can we?

And am doing laundry right now.

Amazing how one thing can bring on others. Honestly this idea of M's has me alll fired up.

On a less positive note, Jer is way way way out of touch with reality, especially re LC (the woman I'm trying to hook him up with). I'm fed up with his involving me in this thing and he just doesn't get the message that I don't want to hear about it anymore. It's up to the two of them. Today he left me a card to give to her for her birthday at my doorstep. OK ENOUGH already, Jer. Please. I'm about to swat you severely over this one. Not one more word, y'hear?

Sorry folks, had to get that off my chest. Has been building for weeks.

Now where were we, oh yea. Also put out solar powered lights in the garden. Wasn't sure that they survived the winter or would work. Well, just peeked out there and they are ALL working, pretty as a picture. How lovely.

Had to go rescue Mom when I got home. She got down on the floor to pick stuff up and couldn't get back up. Now I bought her one of those long rods that you can use to do this with..but...being stubborn and my Mom....anyway she was there for about an hour before I got her call to go get her. She's OK. Nothing hurt, just stuck.

Good thing we live very close to each other.

Anyway world, have been having trouble sleeping. Was up until 3:00, 2:00 and 4:00 (am) for the last three days. Hopefully tonight will be different, and I have not taken any naps (usually when I get home I'm so drained that I fall asleep right after dinner. Not tonight). Hopefully will be able to get a decent sleep tonight. Am totally off sleeping pills, that may be part of the problem. The other half may be playing Mah Jongg. Bad idea close to bedtime. Am playing Emperor's Challenge, am at the Emperor level, finished 8 out of 12 challenges. There is one I just can't get and it is driving me nuts.

Anyone else there addicted to this stupid game?

Night world, gotta finish the laundry!

Hugs, Bridg

4 Comments:

  • At 4/19/2005 10:01:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    omg it took me forever to find out the name to that song!!!!

    i couldn't seem to find it at the end of the credits for the movie Skulls .... or Any Given Sunday ... and i searched and searched and bought sound tracks ... and searched. finally, i ended up writing to the Philadelphia 76ers because one season they used "Right Here Right Now" as their opening intro song .... i was lucky because a very nice woman wrote me back and told me what the name was!!! it was CRAZY!

     
  • At 4/20/2005 12:15:00 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    BRIDG!!!

    Hi, honey pie! Have been snowed under with all manner of stuff lately and haven't been to visit for ages; please forgive me. I see you've been busy, too...glad to hear today went well for ya! I was really tired when I sat down to (finally) catch up with your blog, but your vibe woke me up! I appreciate it too, 'cause I STILL have work to do before I pass out tonight...I'll check in more often (I promise!), and thanks for all the good vibes!
    -- Chris :)

     
  • At 4/20/2005 02:00:00 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    Oh, and Bridg...
    Can I just say that, after reading all the hassle and strife you've been talking about at your job, I am kinda glad that I'm so unemployable at the moment!

    Hope the new and exciting idea for a second career pans out to somethin' good for ya! If it gets your motor running then it's probably solid! Wishing you luck -- let us know if it's gonna happen!

     
  • At 4/20/2005 11:17:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks Raven and Chris, you guys are the BEST!

    Raven I know what you mean, I looked at the end of Skulls too. And that music was used in another commercial about a year earlier. Had been driving me nuts. OK, nuts-er.

    Chris welcome back!! The job sure has hassle and strife in it. It's been worse but...why can't people just behave? Anyway M and I are kinda ummmm sh*t disturbers in a good way and this thing would harness that. I can't wait. Hope he doesn't chicken out.

    Nah...I won't let him *heh heh heh*

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home