Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Rain

As in Jose Feliciano's 'Rain'....it is pouring here. Was snowing earlier (yuk ptooie) but thank Heavens now just rain, washing away that lovely (@#$%) snow.

As promised, got shoes. Two pairs. Found a new type (Ecko) that humans can actually walk in. YAY! Also got a purse that can be worn without breaking your back. The one I was using has a very long strap and kept wacking me in the butt when I wore it. It is very heavy and leather too so you can just picture it (ick). Anyway this thing is called the Health Purse and feels good, is huge, and is pretty much pickpocket proof. About bleeping time someone thought of it, and bless you whoever invented it.

Didn't get much else but those things alone set me back quite a bit (the shoes were $300+). Ouch. But hell now I can walk (without pain and without making squishy noises).

Sure don't want to be here when the bills arrive.

Have not packed yet, leaving that 'pleasure' for tomorrow. Also have to take The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe to her boardingplace (the vet's). The folks who work there are all fantastic with animals and she (MSCU) is a big favourite there. In fact, that's where I got her from 14 years ago. They give her bits of dry cat food, calling them 'cookies', and she gobbles them up. It's so funny. I'm going to miss her,while I'm away. It's funny how attached you get to the little furry things.

Ian called. We are having a gang dinner on Wednesday, and there will be what sounds like eight or nine folks there. This should be fun. Can't wait for M to meet Ian, this'll be neat. Two very important men in my life but that's another story.

Called M's house to let him know about dinner. He isn't in ce soir so got to talk to his wife, who is a good soul. We had a nice chat. I feel bad and deserve to. Bad me! Bad bad me! Not that anything's happened or ever will. Still feel like a sh*t. We had another one of those 'we should hug but can't because we're in public' moments on Friday. Man those feel crappy, but whatchagonnado?

Took Mom to get her hair done. She's doing fine, thank heavens. Usually she looks after the place/cat while I'm away but that just isn't possible now. But she's stronger, which is a relief. Terry (sis) is sick with the same awful flu that her partner had, poor babies.

Gotta go put away laundry. Night world, have a good week.

You too Pauly, Marc, Jer, Peggy, Ray.

Bridg

5 Comments:

  • At 4/02/2005 10:54:00 PM, Blogger nutty said…

    So, M. is married man you have a crush on ... and Ian is the current interest? Just catching up.

     
  • At 4/03/2005 12:20:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Almost! Ian is also married, high powered exec. He wasn't always...we were an item for about 4-5 years till he moved away. Worked in the same office. High energy/emotion/that kind of thing.

    M is my boss, yes married but not very. I am off limits to him because of the work relationship (he says). And yep I adore him. We are so much alike, finish each other's sentences....It's kinda depressing but also funny. I gave up dating lately because all I do is talk about M on dates which wastes everyone's time. Sounds pathetic but was my choice.

    Decided that the number 1 priority now is to get my health back (heart stuff, weight stuff) and the heck with all this semi-romance stuff. It just happens that I'm going to be in the same meetings with BOTH Ian and M next week. That's why I needed great clothes...and apparently a raise?

    Bridg

     
  • At 4/04/2005 07:20:00 PM, Blogger nutty said…

    Ah, you must be one hot dish to make all the married boys swoon.

    They say that works when you stop looking. My Mom got sick and once she started working on herself she met a Grateful Dead look-alike at a Halloween party with falling out hair. Now he's in love with her...

    I think a raise in eminent. That or he'll fire you so he can get a rise out of you.

     
  • At 4/05/2005 02:51:00 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Glad to see all this background info...I was reading the older entries and trying to figure out the cast of characters! Quite a life you got, Bridg -- makes my stay-at-home existence seem as dull as dishwater! Hope once I'm on my own again I'll find the stamina to deal with work/friends/family in the same way.

    Only thing 'bout reading your blog is that the "crush on the boss" thingy reminds me a little too much of why I'm on my way to being a single mom...office affairs give me the heebie-jeebies so I'm glad to hear what you got there hasn't crossed the boundary. It's none of my motherf**king business anyway, and I wouldn't presume to judge you or anybody, I guess I'm just a wee bit sensitive, because of my own experience. But you seem like a very together gal and I enjoyed seeing the world through your eyes. Take care -- Chris :)

     
  • At 4/08/2005 12:39:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Undies,I am no hot dish lol. was at one time. re getting fired, he does that to me all the time and I either thank him or fire him right back. In this wacky group, getting fired is actually you thank someone for, then everyone either fires each other or goes back to work......Did I mention that we're all slightly nuts...

    Chris, I hear you and agree with you. Much as I'd love it, it would ruin the group chemistry that I love too. So it's nothing but frustration for now. I've been where you are...although it was 20 years ago it feels like yesterday. Even 24 hours at one point was very long term planning. But the good friends stick around and new ones show up...I'd like to be one of them! Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home