Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Laugh Laugh, I Thought I'd Cry (It Seemed So Funny To Me)

Hey world! Hope your day was fascinating, fun, felicitious and not f*cked-up?

Well, as you've come to expect, mine was the latter, but the results are so good it's hard to believe!

TLT, as I expected, grabbed me in the a.m. (M was at a meeting), and got me to do some lists. Not analysis, not a proposal (which is what his boss would have wanted--I know because I worked in that world for 15 years)...no just a list. In time for a meeting to which he MIGHT be invited in the afternoon.

He had been asked to lead our organization's work in that area two weeks ago. Mr. Macho backed off quickly, saying no no he'd support other folks.

Except, dear world, the thing he backed away from is the very thing we specialize in.

Nice going, dimwit.

Soooooo I get the list done (using scraps, and I mean scraps, of info), call M, he rushes back and does the proposal anyway--knowing what is needed.

So does Da Man (TLT) get invited to the meeting?

Nope.

So what is our role in this HUGE, multi million dollar project--our speciality?

None. Thanks to TLT.

This was too much for M, who has (a) a brain, (b) integrity, (c) a spine and best of all (d) career opportunities. He informed Boy Genius that he is not prepared to stay in his current job if we are not actively involved in meaningful work in this area. He didn't say this, but he has (a) an expression of interest from another org in hiring him and (b) a meeting with these people tomorrow. He also promised to take me with him (this is an area I have operational experience in also).

Pauly too I hope, but Pauly's sounding unsure. He will leave also but probably for somewhere else. THAT would break my heart, we are the BEST team. Bar none. I hope he changes his mind. But I won't work one day without M there. TLT is far too vicious to bother with. I"d have his butt on harassment charges on my first day without M.

No kidding. I've got plenty of grounds.

And then TLT can be King of his own little planet, hands on hips, squawking and scratching like Foghorn Leghorn for all I care.

It would be great to have senior management that isn't actively sabotaging you, trying to control you at every turn, undermining your work. We've had *ssholes here for the past six years. It would be wonderful to have bosses who actually WANT you to do your job. I am, unfortunately, not exaggerating here.

M says that the new senior manager is a good, kind, supportive person. I am trusting him, and leaving the devil behind.

Thank heaven.

Devil-butt will be left with several millions of dollars' worth of studies, no staff to do them, some fairly challenging deadlines, and no interest on anyone's part whether the work gets done or not other than his boss, who will be royally pissed.

Poetic justice, I'd say.

Good show!

Wish us luck, world. It's gonna be an interesting couple of weeks....Bridg

3 Comments:

  • At 4/28/2005 08:34:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    i still think it's nice that you can have something lined up and then just leave .... i don't know much about the history since i'm a fairly new reader .. but no one needs to continue to work in that environment.

     
  • At 4/29/2005 12:08:00 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    Underqualified, insecure, tyrannical, undermining, nitpicking bosses are something I've dealt with too. I feel for ya. To hell with all of 'em! Hope you'll be outta there and on to something better soon. :)
    -- Chris

     
  • At 4/29/2005 09:46:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks so very much you guys! Your moral support is a shot of energy from heaven!

    Raven, agree it's a toxic environment and I"m lucky that M can help me (we hope)..

    Chris, you got TLT down to a T! Sorry you've had similar experience..insecure men suck in a big bad way especially as bosses.

    If we do wind up leaving,the party's at my place!!

    BRidg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home