Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, April 18, 2005

For What It's Worth It Was Worth All The While

Read the title "Good Riddance" in Chris' blog (Army of Me) and now I can't get that bleeping song out of my head. Well I like it...hope you do too World.

Warmest day yet here...22 (centigrade. I forgot farenheight, sorry). Got part of the gardening done...my poor cedar hedges are really looking bare. Put down kelp fertilizer and hope it rains soon. Did do some clearing up in the garden but there is about 3 days' worth of work there. Got too bagged to finish it. On the bright side, got the garage a bit cleaned out and decided that I'll take a day off this week to clean the house. No I'm not kidding.

It's that bad.

Well, it isn't filthy or anything. Needs its annual vacuuming, but there's also mattress flipping, two sets of sheets to change, a BUNCH of laundry, dusting and two bathrooms to go nuts on. Won't even mention the scary room...no one goes there except me when I have to do laundry. Think even the mice are afraid of it now.

Needless to say the income tax didn't get done either. Later later later. Did make dinner for Mom (Sundays we usually either take turns cooking or take turns paying for din-din in a not too outrageously priced restaurant). This Sunday I felt like cooking (considering the alternatives were housework or income tax). Made a rib roast and we polished off a bottle of wine, after which of course I fell asleep. That's a fair bit of wine for two old ladies...

Bought a copy of the movie Sideways. Had not seen it but heard it was good. Watched it this morning. MAN WHAT A STUPID MOVIE!!! All about sucky insecure men/men in midlife crisis mode. If you haven't seen it, don't bother unless you happen to be a guy who wants an excuse to cheat on the lady in your life. If you're female, do yourself a favor and pass on this one. Pointless, stupid...very predictable. That was a waste of $s, and I never say stuff like that.

I'm now at the point where there is equal stress at home (housework, gardening) and work. Meaning I don't want to be in either place but don't have an alternative.

I know, I'll tell you guys about Tom.

4 Comments:

  • At 4/18/2005 10:10:00 AM, Blogger Steve said…

    I should really take some time off to clean the place too, but I can't afford too, so I'll just live in it as it is.

    Gosh, what does that say about me?

     
  • At 4/18/2005 08:11:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    did you get the day off today to clean? did you not have to work? either way .. lucky you .. my day at work SUCKED!!!!

    *sigh*

    hope your evening and your tomorrow goes well ..

    have a happy Tuesday!!

     
  • At 4/19/2005 12:31:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hi guys and thanks so much for dropping by. Steve, the dust bunnies are so big here that they're carnivorous. Like the killer rabbit in the Monty Python Holy Grail movie? Like that. It's almost them or me...

    Raven, will visit your blog. Very sorry to hear about your day..hey wanna change places for a few days? Just kidding, you have more backbone and strength than I'll ever have....

    and here's hoping for a great Tuesday for all of us!!

    Bridg

     
  • At 4/18/2006 09:16:00 PM, Blogger jipzeecab said…

    I'm a wine snob but I hated that movie..except for the crack about "merlot" which suddenly became a trendy thing to order in the late 80's.
    I just can't stand guys that gripe all day or can't get over their x's.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home