Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

The First, The Last, My Everything

Listened to Motown today World...Barry White was the last cut on the CD.....

Happy Wednesday! Dunno how it is all over the world, but here it is COLD (5 friggin' degrees) and raining (almost snow and coming down like all get-out)...and I got stuck standing out in it for 15 minutes with no coat, umbrella or shelter. When I got back into the office, M just roared with laughter. I did look pretty funny, but I fired him anyway for laughing at me (did I mention that we fire each other a lot here? Well today it was my turn to do it).

Offered to arm-wrestle with the chair of a committee (oh the man didn't know what he was doing) to settle the question of who should co-chair. You should have seen his face when I said that. Thought he'd pass out.

I hate boring meetings. Spiced this one up a bit. Not sure they'll thank me for it tho. Wasn't even my meeting! Went to help out the new person, Issy. Who did a lovely job of foisting decisions on some very lazy folks. MAN this woman is GOOD. VERY good. I like her!

AAAAAAAanyway....started housecleaning tonight. Have a sh*tload more to do, that'll take place on Friday (the last minute). But things are looking better already if you don't look at the carpet. That I'm saving for last.

Wish I could tell ya everything that happened today, world, but can't do that without making it really clear where I work and what we do and THAT would get me into all kinds of do-do. Suffice it to say that a lot of favors got done today (by me) and a few lines got drawn. Fortunately they're good lines (i.e. they protect people/principles).

TLT (M's boss) was supposed to be in an all day meeting, BUT showed up around 4:00 ish with a haircut, wearing clothes that didn't go together at all (red/orange and green, some of it plaid but old majorly ugly plaid--he looked like one of those guys who hop onto and off of freight trains). He stayed in his office with the door shut (he rarely does that, since he loves knowing to the milisecond who's late and who's early). Even kicked out the cleaning guy when he wandered into there to clean up. Something's going on and I really really hope it's his departure (*strains of 'I Should Be So Lucky* start up). Oh well. Will keep ya informed, world.

M made jokes this aft about me talking with my eyes (to Issy, in front of me). Damn straight. Think that was a reference to his flirting with the consultant....oh does it matter? Nope.

Was not very successful at sleeping last night. Was another 2:00-3:00 thing. Man this is getting old. Wonder if I'll ever get back to normal sleeping patterns? Hope not playing MJ works.

Gave Pauly my copy of Sideways. Hope he likes it, I sure didn't.

Night world! Sweet dreams....and p.s. am not writing about that second career thing tonight because it would only wake me up. But is really cool. So very cool.

Bridg

3 Comments:

  • At 4/20/2005 11:49:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    i hope you are sleeping well tonight!

     
  • At 4/21/2005 12:57:00 AM, Blogger nutty said…

    You put me in your profile ... wow, thanks. It took me a while to get back to your page because you don't link to it from mine. But I found you and your top secret job. Don't count too many sheep.

     
  • At 4/21/2005 09:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi guys! Thanks Raven I DID sleep GREAT last night. No more late night Mah Jongg for me.

    Undies, I would give anything to know how to put links on that page! If you could help me it'd be great. I'd like to link in Raven and Chris (Army of Me). Glad you found me!!

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home