Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, April 29, 2005

Far From Over

Hi World, HAPPY FREAKIN' FRIDAY YIPPEE YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy today was a roller coaster ride through the sewer and back up to the sun. Woke up at 8:17. Have to be in to work by 9:00 (ha ha ha) and it takes a good 45 minutes with traffic to get there unless you drive like a maniac (ahem). Didn't even do breakfast, just got the h*ll into the car and somehow got there by 9:20. Veeery sleepy. Walking into my own office when I got accosted by the admin assistant, actually one of four handmaidens to TLT.

Grinning, I asked "What I'd do now?". Turns out nothing (yet) but something ELSE urgent hit the fan, they needed my feedback for some reason (since TLT is convinced that I"m an idiot, I can't see why this would matter) by 11:00 and M wasn't in yet (usual state of affairs).

Sat down, looked at it, did the comments, got coffee. At 10:50 found another TLT e mail time stamped 9:31 saying 'please see me asap re this'. Called M on his cell, he is 10 minutes from work. Am I going into see Little Hitler by myself? NOT ON YOUR LIFE. Started working on the document TLT sent me, and guess who saunters into my office? Yep. Says " did you see my e mail?". I reply 'just after I finished the 11:00 urgent thing and I"m working on it now'. We had a bit of an exchange, not overtly hostile. I inform him that M is coming in in 10 minutes. He leaves and walks right by M's office, which M is in by this time--doesn't talk to him (so what's so damn urgent?). Odd. I call, then go see, M. Himself (TLT) came right into M's office, went and got us coffees, we talked about what to do, and (of course it's my work) I start doing it. But something's wrong. TLT is nice. Buys us coffee. Doesn't do any accusing. Damn weird.

OK to make an already too long story short, work got done, process mapped, stupid f*ckup by TLT gets fixed by Bridg and M. And it is a huge hairy multimillion dollar high profile deal. But we're both so tired we really don't give a rat's patoot.

Think that the guy who's interested in hiring M (and me! and me!) called TLT to check it out with him last night. Must have scared the guy because if M leaves, Bridg leaves (we are joined at the hip so to speak), and with M's leaving also goes any hope of pulling the multimillion dollar thing out of the sewer. It would be public, high profile and very loud (I would not go quietly and he knows it). Plus without M, he's dead, and I'm the only one in the whole group who knows where things are, what was done when, why and by who (unfortunately this is not an exaggeration. I'm the last of us). So perhaps he saw the wisdom of playing it nice/human.

Whatever. Just glad the stupidity stopped, even if it is temporary. Even gladder that things are back on the rails. Wonder how long it'll hold.

Changing to another topic, have to do my 2003 income tax by tomorrow night. This should be fun. Also will prob need to take Mom shopping and I'm dying to cook something (soup probably).

I asked M if he's happy with the results of his 'testing' of me (my attitude towards him). He laughed, said it was 'checking', not 'testing', and he'd noticed that I seem comfortable with how things are going. Asked if he was, he replies 'oh yes very' enthusiastically and with a grin. Weird thing is, it's true. There was a time.....(ahhh let it go Bridg). But it's past. Can't imagine what's up ahead but there is something up ahead. Guess the journey's the point. I sure enjoy being with him, and it was torture having a crush on him. I don't miss that pain. Do wish I'd known him in another way sort of, but then we wouldn't have what we have now (whatever it is) and I have to admit that it's fantastic. We are so great together. If there'd been anything physical I'm not sure it would have gone that way afterward. It was so damn intense that it could not have lasted, so we would not have stayed in each other's lives. And I do want him in it, he's just so cool.

So is Pauly, dammit. He's thinking of retiring, and I will miss our talks like hell. We'll still have them, it'll just be different. When things are great, you don't want them to change. He is so much fun and so supporting and great....

Boy I've got it good. An idiot for senior manager but when you think of how good things are at ground level....

It hurts ME when TLT attacks M. Some days I feel like a guard dog being held back on a leash. Today though wound up less hard. At the end of the day M and I spent at least 1.5 hours talking, if not more. We both felt great afterwards.

I'm so relieved now it's hard to stay awake. Know what I mean?

Those guys are dearer to me than my own self. I'm so grateful to know them.

World, hope you have pals as good and true as these guys. Really.

Am getting growled at by She Who Sheds (the Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe). Must run....hugs, Bridg

7 Comments:

  • At 4/30/2005 01:14:00 AM, Blogger Steph said…

    Wow. I thought I had the most spoiled cat in the world. And I'm not even much of a cat person. How did I get here? :)

     
  • At 4/30/2005 04:21:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    We should compare notes, Steph! This one gets me up in the a.m., not by a soft touch on the face but a damn hard smack of the paw on the end of my nose...or a hard chomp on my fingertips (nice if you're deeply asleep). She's got four baskets to sleep in, enough toys to stock a store, and at one time eight empty boxes to lie in (?? a cat thing I guess). She also gives me *#$% the whole trip from bed to bathroom to kitchen, when the 'cat salute' stops while she eats. When she's cold or hot, she sits in front of the thermostat and stares at it, and me. If I don't get the message, the seranade starts.

    Same with dinner refills (yep she gets two cans at each of her two meals. The vet thinks I'm insane but she doesn't live here!).

    This is not counting all the visitors/medical staff who coo and fuss over her.

    I got the house airconditioned because I was worried about her overheating.

    If there is reincarnation, I want to be my cat.

    And I'm really a dog person.

    What does your cat(s) do to you?

    Any advice?

    Hey and what happened to 123? I notice you read him too...

    Bridg

     
  • At 4/30/2005 05:01:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    i had to put my beloved Kyra Marie down a year and a half ago .. she was 17. it was heart wretching and i miss her terribly. she was a beautiful white persian .... *sigh* talk about a spoiled princess. she lived a very long and happy life.

    glad things are going well with you ... weird about the boss ... i'd be careful still ... if the other job is better ... i'd go for it.

     
  • At 4/30/2005 11:38:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hi Raven, Joyous Saturday!

    That is so sad about Kyra. She sounds gorgeous, and I can tell you loved her very much.

    I actually had Smokey's sister too (they were litter mates) but she died about 2 years ago at the age of 7. I miss her still, as you must Kyra, and even thinking about her is painful--yet I can't help but smile too. She was so loving and pretty. I am positive she's in heaven.

    It is weird about M isn't it? Or did you mean TLT? Must have been TLT. I know a little about the subject area in the new place, but am much happier where I am as long as M is there (have worked here for decades, folks know and like us, etc.). Without him here, TLT would make our lives, particularly mine, a living hell.

    M went so far as to promise me last week that he'd take me with him, and this is not a guy who says that, ever.

    But it's only a possible job for him now. No formal offer's been made yet, and when it is he said he'd do a package deal (2 for 1 so to speak). It's a real honor that he thinks like that.

    Still wanna smack that little tyrant tho. Like Chris said, underqualified, insecure....etc. etc. etc.

    Doesn't it make you want to laugh? The mental picture of M leaving, bags packed,with Pauly and me following like a parade of little puppies.

    I think it's a hoot.

    Night...and thanks so much for the support Raven...Bridg

     
  • At 5/02/2005 12:10:00 AM, Blogger Steph said…

    Bridget...my spoiled cat sleeps with my daughter every night, except when she's at her dad's. Then the cat sleeps outside of my bedroom door (she's not allowed in) and howls all night because she can't get in. She then uses her paw to open a cabinet and lets it slam closed ALL NIGHT LONG. I throw things at the door to get her to shut up. If I do let her in, she gets up on my chest at 3 AM and I wake up to cat breath and a little black face staring down at me two inches from my face. She needs more attention than a dog and she's not very bright (she still tried to pounce that damn cat in the mirror!).

     
  • At 5/02/2005 12:10:00 AM, Blogger Steph said…

    By the way, Bridget, who's 123?

     
  • At 5/02/2005 07:44:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Wow Steph, you win! Paws down...and 123 is short for 123 I Love You (Derik)...noticed that you read his blog too...Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home