Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, April 25, 2005

Everybody Everybody

Hi World! Well, happy Monday and all that.

It's raining like all get out here. At least it should help my poor hedges (were-hedges) a bit.

Hard to get back to it after spending the weekend shopping, yakking, eating, etc. with my buddy Peggy. Ah, well, the bills do need payment of some sort.....

And I got to see/work with the Cutest Boss In the Universe (M), and talk to my dear bud/shrink Pauly. World's Best Pal, bar none. And also tutored Issy a bit. And once again LaB was nice, even without M around.

However, there is a worm in our apple. TLT!! (*cue menacing music*). He insisted that M and I take a course in contracting (which I could teach, which HE violates every day). At the same time, he wanted M to do a presentation for him by end of day. The course went till 4:00. Hmmm. Then he strode into M's office, gave us both sh*t for not doing something I did and briefed him on two months ago, and left. In Bridg-speak, he 'pompussed' on us and ran. Typical macho bullsh*t.

One of his pomposities was that we meet tomorrow afternoon to discuss the whatever. I have meetings (get this) at 9, 11, 1:00, 2:00 and 3:00 tomorrow. Am I going to a meeting with him? Not on your life. Besides, he's more of an *sshole when I'm around. He apparently has great need to strut his testosterone when I'm the audience, so M will go alone tomorrow.

And put his job on the line if things go badly. Pauly and I have found places to go also. That his top three senior people all at once. I almost hope it happens. There are two places that M can go and he'd bring me and Pauly over too.

It would be nice to work somewhere where our own senior management didn't sabotage our work.

Is that asking too much?

Apparently so, according to TLT (heh heh heh That Lousy Testosterone?).

Anyway enough ranting.

Despite the way that this blog may read, folks, I adore my job. I'm good at it, and have a mitful of awards to prove it, but better than that, also have a lot of demand for me to work with folks, which means more than awards. Pauly is in the same boat. We both love what we do. My home life is solitary (except for She Who Purrs) but quite comfy. And the health picture may be not so comfy sometimes but generally is fine.

Sorry for the occasional rant....sometimes it gets to me (like it does with 123 I Love You).

The only thing I'd like doing better would be (1) M's post retirement project or (2) running a dog kennel (Have I mentioned that I adore, am nuts about, and really like dogs??? Yeppir!).

May we all find what we are looking for, may that be what each of us truly needs, and may that include for each of us health, peace and love.

Hugs, world!

Bridg

3 Comments:

  • At 4/26/2005 07:53:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    hey girl ... glad you have a few options to fall back on if necessary ... it's okay to love your job .. but it's better to love your job AND where you work. if you can have both .. GO FOR IT. don't waste any more time on that nimrod.

     
  • At 4/26/2005 09:02:00 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Hi Bridg --
    Glad to hear you had fun over the weekend; would love to have a few days to spend like that with my best buddy! Sounds like work is the same old same old...but you know your stuff and won't get trapped in a shitty situation, so I won't worry about you too much. But I will say best of luck and keep your chin up! And don't worry about needing to let loose the occasional rant...that's what we're all here for!
    -- Chris

     
  • At 4/26/2005 10:30:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    THanks Raven and Chris, you two are great (Derik too)! Peggy lives so far away (like the distance between Michigan and Maine) that we can't get together all that often but when we do it's great. I cannot believe that she has a 7 and 10 year old. Heck, WE are that age mentally!

    Raven you got it right, he is one big nimrod, and probably thinks that I'll do M's job if M leaves. He has no concept (because he thinks we're all losers/nuts) that all of us have job options.

    Can't wait. He will be in deep do do if this happens. The last guy in his job who did this lost his job.

    Thanks for the good wishes guys! Will keep you posted...Bridg

    p.s. I am DYING to do some extreme practical joke/nasty. Can't because it'd be immediately obvious who'd done it but still is quite the fantasy....

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home