Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Bah Bah Black Sheep

OK she's flipped. Turned to nursery rhymes. Oh well what can I say world? It's a nursery school kind of day.

Want to hear about the kind of guy (M) I work for? We had a stupid document to approve that had some major flaws. According to advice we got, it would not be right to approve it, but the folks who wrote it are cramming it through the system and it 'had' to be approved by us by 9:00 a.m. I asked M if we should hold our nose and approve it. He said no.

We went home.

Next morning (this am) was the 9:00 day. He had to go to a meeting elsewhere that was going on all day starting at 8:30. This is a guy who has a hard time getting in for 10:00. I made a comment the night before that TLT would be gunning for me for our not approving the document by 9:00 (good excuse to yell at me, since M wouldn't be there to protect me/run interference. I am not kidding, this is what that turd is like). Anyway, M comes into the office EXTRA EXTRA early, got the missing info, approved the document AND paid for my morning coffee (before I got there) and didn't even get any for himself..then he went off to the all day meeting.

Isn't that a terrific person? I mean WOW.

On top of that, by the time we saw each other, it was around 4:00. There he is, black jacket, grey pants, open neck black shirt and tons of chest fur (all white). A sight few human females could resist, let me tell you.

No kidding, I really really am over the hormonal reaction (despite what I just typed) to him and have been for a while. It's moved onto something a lot deeper but I can't describe what it is. Feels like .....twin sister-ish? Know that saying (OK it's Biblical) 'flesh of my flesh'? Well that's what it feels like. Separated at birth. Suffice it to say, it's very close, very deep, but non-sexual. Sounds dumb, feels a bit confusing, but what can I tell ya, it's the truth. He has a few flaws (not as many as I do!) but they are nowhere near as numerous or as important as his good points, and the longer and better I get to know him, the more I like him. He is the genuine article. What could I possibly do to for him in return? Damned if I can figure it out. M's just so good it's humbling. Have you ever known any one like that, world? If so, congrats, and how do you handle it?

TLT talked to M at the meeting, being nice to him to make up for yesterday's stupidity. Up and down, up and down. The one thing that's predictable is that man's extreme moodiness and unfairness. There is not one helpful bone in his body, certainly not a constructive one. I hope that the poor dear M can continue to put up with this horseshit. I wouldn't, but M is so much more mature than I am. I'm learning from him but I'll never be as good as he is.

OK I must be nauseating you. Back to some other stuff....

Mom doing OK. I can't believe that the same woman who lets all kinds of strangers INTO HER HOUSE, more than once, can pass a memory test and intelligence test with flying colors, but she did. This is damn odd. Anyone else had something like that happen in their experience? How did you cope with it aside from slamming your head against a wall?

Speaking of violence, wore a new pantsuit to work, got gummy grease on it from a table. Took it to the dry cleaners. They not only didn't get it off at all, they wore the fabric down to mere threads *urge to scream*.

Well, world, off to study French pronouns. Yep I've taken this before, forgot some of it, and am taking it yet again to brush up on my French (am now taking lessons two times a week). M told someone today that I"m bilingual but just don't speak it enough. The person he said it to, LaB (have to give her a new name now that she's being nice) said that she heard me speaking French to someone else and I"m good (awwwww TY folks that is encouraging, really). Anyway am tired of forgetting words and now that I am one of very few English speaking people around, am going to practiquer mes buns off (now THAT's bilingual!).

Night world! Don't dry clean your pants!

Bridg

6 Comments:

  • At 4/27/2005 08:22:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    i am glad things went better for you today!! yay!!

     
  • At 4/27/2005 10:07:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks Raven! Hope this is a trend (grin)! For both of us!!!


    Bridg

     
  • At 4/27/2005 11:05:00 PM, Blogger nutty said…

    Is there such a thing as a nonsexual crush? Haven't you seen When Harry Met Sally? I wish I could fake an orgasm like Meg. But glad today's happier too.

     
  • At 4/28/2005 12:51:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks Undies! Me too, really relieved (sheesh I can't spell a thing).

    have seen Harry & Sally a zillion times, and I don't agree with Harry at all at least from my POV. If the guys have to make it sexual, that is THEIR prob...hardhearted maybe but...

    Have just gone thru a spell with Jer where, buddy tho he is, he focussed only on what Jery wanted. Drove me insane until I finally said something. Hope we're back to normal...

    sorry 'bout the long answer...Bridg

     
  • At 4/28/2005 01:02:00 AM, Blogger PKD said…

    This blog kicks unnerving amounts of ass.

     
  • At 4/28/2005 06:32:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    TY Keith!! Glad you like it and hope to hear more from ya...Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home