Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Baby I Love Your Way

Long Live Peter Frampton, sissy hair and all.

Hope you had a good weekend, world? It was warm here, sunny the whole weekend. As noted before, slept the whole bleeping day on Saturday. I meant to make up for it today but somehow didn't quite make it.

Didn't do laundry or start in on the scary room. Didn't do this year's or last year's income tax but I did get the forms. Didn't even get GROCERIES but got food for The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe. Had a decent dinner with my mother, even. No passive aggressive nonsense, and she was more fit and spry than I've seen her in a long time.

And in my continuing efforts to go bankrupt, got a printer for my digital camera. It also scans, which is useful for old photos and documents (have needed a scanner for a while, I am getting sick of retyping corrupted documents at work. Yah yah I know that they should buy one, actually we HAVE one, but it's lost somewhere). The first one I got had a jammed thingie that carries the ink cartriges (carriage), so I had to repackage it and take it back to the store to get a new one. This is harder than it sounds, as it's so hot in the room where I have this stuff (well it was hot to me) I was doing this in my birthday suit, and had to juggle an old oak desk. Not a little one either. Think I lost a few pounds today and may even have frightened a couple of birds outside, not to mention the cat.

Anyhow it's a neat toy. I can now see precisely how fat and ridiculous I was at Christmas with mostly red hair and my own gravitational field. The pics from Christmas were taken about an hour prior to my mother's heart attack, and she looks great in them. Odd huh? Well, the pics will be inspirational, once they stop scaring me.

By the way, I realize how hypocritical it sounded calling M a womanizer in yesterday's post. Well that's what the shrink called him. Since he is married I'm a fine one to talk, but the point is boundaries and respecting them, and knowing who you can trust and for what. Have I mentioned anywhere along the line that I am very very gullible (this is common opinion, not just mine)? Somehow, knowing that does not make me any better at this trust thing. I trust everyone until they do me in. Which fortunately does not happen all that often, except romantically. Hence my retirement from that stuff. I know in this blog I've been moving like a tennis ball between neutrality and passion, but things (from my heart/head point of view) are really really tending more and more towards neutrality or at least self-protective focus elsewhere but M. Honest.

But I digress.

Am going to work tomorrow after all, despite my prior assertion that I wouldn't. One, we have a new person starting with us and it would be very rude not to be there; Two we are taking Sue to lunch (a 3 some) ; and lastly, I have an interview to conduct at 4:00 (not one I'm looking forward to but WTH -what the h*ll).

Have a wonderful evening, world. Enjoy that starfilled sky, have lovely soothing dreams.....Bridg

2 Comments:

  • At 4/10/2005 11:08:00 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Hiya Bridg,
    So at least your weekend was full of sunny weather, and mildly productive to boot; can't complain 'bout that! I read your response to my earlier comment and am amazed at all the health problems/meds you've had to deal with. Go easy on yourself with the whole fitness crusade, darlin', cause I'm pretty sure all that stuff is not real compatible with overexertion. Priorities are key; myself, I'll let all the other muscles go to hell if I can keep the heart muscle happy. No point bein' buff with a dicky ticker! But I'm sure you know how to take care of yourself. I just hate to hear about how much you have to put up with, health-wise. It's a sucky deal, buddy!

    Peter Frampton did have sissy hair, didn't he?

    -- Chris

     
  • At 4/11/2005 09:55:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hey Chris! TY for the sympathy...this stuff runs in the family but being pudgy doesn't help. Am seeing the doctor first (thank heaven for social medicine) on Friday.

    Hey did I mention that this doctor is GORGEOUS and my age (no wedding ring)? Man no more pap smears for me..first male doctor I've ever had.

    Who had worse hair, Peter F or Bob Dylan?

    heh heh heh
    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home